Grass roots footy | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Grass roots footy

CanbTiger

CARN' TIGES!
Oct 6, 2003
Canberra
The mighty Queanbeyan Tigers!!, who almost doubled the Sydney Swans reserves score on the weekend and are playing brilliant (aside from a highly embarrassing loss to Wagga Tigers :mad: ).

The Sydney reserves game was the curtain raiser to the Swans-Saints game and, with the North mates, we drove through the night from Melbourne so I could be on the 6am bus to be in Sydney for the second half.

Was pretty tired but didn't matter as I'm a big fan of grass roots footy ;)

tiggytam

Welcome to Tigerland
May 1, 2003
Melbourne
Being from the West Coast of Tassie, it has to be the Queenstown Crows, or in my early days, "Lyell Gormy"

The home town of Darryn Cresswell.

Standing in the rain, snow, hail and sleet while the guys ran around on the gravel oval, aahh those were the days ;D

CanbTiger

CARN' TIGES!
Oct 6, 2003
Canberra
Tiggytam said:
Standing in the rain, snow, hail and sleet while the guys ran around on the gravel oval, aahh those were the days  ;D

LOL- sounds looovvveeeelllly Tiggytam, especially for those fellas that came to ground. :p

Hanno

Clangers are killers!
Jul 13, 2003
Geelong, Vic
Portarlington in the Bellarine Football League. I'm still going around at the moment, but mostly as a semi-retired (in a footy sense) old bloke in the twos. :D

Check out the best grass roots footy club website there is:

www.portarlingtonfc.com.au

Zoso

Tiger Superstar
Mar 3, 2004
Joshnbeks Dad said:
When I left we were in B grade and the Saloon was called Chasers!  Ohhhh that brings back memories.
Chasers in Chapel st?
Its called Saloon these days? I must be getting old then :p

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
I think we've spoken before struggler - I am a life member and supporter of Lower Plenty in the DVFL.

Jools

Tiger Champion
Sep 25, 2004
Hoppers Crossing
Hoppers Crossing Warriors in the WRFL. Top of Division 1, 5 wins out of 5 games, 346%. That's 959 for, 277 against.

When I was younger, it was Powelltown Demons in the YVMDFL. My brother played for them for a few years.

Curtiger

Tiger Champion
Oct 26, 2004
Moreland, Melbourne
I'm down at Fitzroy Junior Footy Club this year - second year colts. We've pretty close ties to Richmond through our president and our location.

When I was deciding who I was gonna play my first year of football for, I saw Joel Bowden at the milk bar on the way to trying out Fitzroy training. I said "hi". He said "how's it going mate?". I shat my pants. It was an omen. ;D

Bowden and Richo do some sort of funtion at the club every year. Gaspar took training a couple of weeks ago (I missed it :-[) and Michael Pickering coaches the 2's of my year level. (To Rosy - it is THE Michael Pickering).

Here's some pics of Gas in action.

Growl

Ten flags and counting
Apr 3, 2007
Ch 10 (?) late news last night, interviewed Ty Zantuck.

He's playing with Kangaroo Flat this season. I had no idea he was up my way.

He is getting into real estate and moving to Queensland, Who would have thought when he won a Rising Star Nom in 2002 that he would slip so far down as the Bendigo League - not that there's a lot wrong with the Bendigo League!

Kangaroo Flat is coached by John Rombotis.

Oh, and they play Castlemaine this weekend. Go the Mighty Pies er, Mainers! ;D

tannerztigers

He will Conca the world
Jul 4, 2006
Jan Juc
Im going to bring this thread back to life.

How many of you out there are playing local footy?

I play in the Bellerine FL and our team is sitting 12-1, but still second on the ladder.

checkside

Tiger Legend
Sep 23, 2005
Australia
Im playing for Scoresby in the VWFL. Played our last game of the home and away season today and had a 127 point win. We finished on top of the ladder and havent lost a game yet. Finals start next week and hopefully we can keep the winning record going.

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
checkside said:
Im playing for Scoresby in the VWFL. Played our last game of the home and away season today and had a 127 point win. We finished on top of the ladder and havent lost a game yet. Finals start next week and hopefully we can keep the winning record going.

Good to hear from you Checkers, good luck for the finals