Grass roots footy | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Grass roots footy

FightingFury

Its back to Brooke time again!
Nov 25, 2003
Richmond
Its AFL grass roots footy weekend and l love my local footy,and wondered how many of you fellow tiger fans follow a 'local' club,or still follow maybe your old hometown side or club you once played for.

Im a proud life member of my club
Ivanhoe Amatuers FC (aka Ivanhoe Assumption)

What about the rest of you,who do we follow in the hackers leagues??

FightingFury

Nov 25, 2003
Richmond
Played many a time against the Melbourne High Sons Of B#tches,always had a good after match there and a good night at the saloon to follow!!Used to be a tradition for us Ivanhoe lads when we played in a higher grade!

evo

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2003
Doncaster and Donvale in the EDFL

Loved Box Hill in the VFA but they became the Dawks :'(

Joshnbeks Dad

You want me to park where?
Oct 14, 2003
When I left we were in B grade and the Saloon was called Chasers! Ohhhh that brings back memories.

kb68

Tiger Rookie
Jul 23, 2003
Hobart
I follow Glenorchy in the SFL. (Southern Tas).
They are going along quite nicely at the moment, on top of the ladder.
They have only had one loss to arch rival clarence.
( Royce Harts club)

A few AFL names to play for Glenorchy: Peter Hudson, Andy Lovell, Adrian Fletcher, Darryn Cresswell, Matthew Mansfield, John Klug, Ben Careless, Peter Street and Brodie Holland .
Yep a couple of hacks in there..

I forgot to mention , they play in the black & white :(

JPM

Will Richmond ever be the one?
Sep 3, 2003
East Melbourne
I live in Balmain (Sydney) and in the Sydney AFL Balmain are the tigers.

Troy Luff is the coach (ex Swans player) and they are playing like true tigers this year, 3 wins and 5 losses in an 8 team comp.

I see a couple of games per year, but the standard is not that great and the grounds make the SCG look like the MCG in comparison, players regularly have shots from the backline!

FightingFury

Nov 25, 2003
Richmond
FullBackFwd said:

Troy Luff is the coach (ex Swans player) and they are playing like true tigers this year, 3 wins and 5 losses in an 8 team comp.

I see a couple of games per year, but the standard is not that great and the grounds make the SCG look like the MCG in comparison, players regularly have shots from the backline!

I had a mate who played for the East Sydney bulldogs,is that in the same comp FBF?

JPM

Will Richmond ever be the one?
Sep 3, 2003
East Melbourne
struggletown3121 said:
FullBackFwd said:

I had a mate who played for the East Sydney bulldogs,is that in the same comp FBF?

Yes mate it is. They have combined with the University of NSW and they are sitting 3rd at the moment (5 & 3)

WildTiger

Tiger Superstar
Mar 3, 2004
Hartbalme said:
East Ringwood in the EDFL.

Healesville (sort of) because my girlfriend's son plays for them.

My first ever game in under 10's was against East Ringwood.

Will never forget my first kick haha, coach didnt know much about me coz id just turned up to training during the week so i was thrown into the forward pocket, got a free kick in front of goal bread and butter shot no probs. Thought dont get better then this, first kick in footy is a shot for goal directly in front, you guessed it, I kicked it right into the man on the mark.

DOH

jamo

The face of Evil
Apr 23, 2004
melbourne
My uncle used to coach richmond ameteurs in the mid to late 80's I used to love going along to watch down at Kevin Bartlet reserve. I no longer follow home town iv'e moved around to much.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
I keep track of Camperdown Magpies cos I come from there and played a few ladies games for them. The mind boggles. ;D

Deakin Sharks in the Warnambool league cos one of my sons plays for them. (Meady if you read this join up and say gidday to us, and tell my baby to do his homework. ;) )

Wodonga Raiders in the O&M leage cos the other son plays there.