Great News | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Great News

J

JohnF

Six Magpies may miss opener
17 March 2003 Herald Sun
By GEOFF POULTER

COLLINGWOOD could have as many as six of its best 22 players missing from its Round 1 clash with Richmond.

The Magpies already have three suspended players out of opening round -- and now have two more in doubt with injuries and another star on report.

Forward Josh Fraser and defender Simon Prestigiacomo both rolled ankles in Saturday night's Wizard Cup final against Adelaide and have 11 days to be right for the MCG night clash with the Tigers.

And forward Chris Tarrant was booked for charging Crow Brent Reilly in the third quarter.

"Fraser is all right, but we won't know until he tries to do something this week," football manager Neil Balme said yesterday. "He was a bit sore this morning; so was Presti.

"The most likely case is that they will be OK, so will we will just wait until they are tested.

"We are confident both will play, but you can't say that definitely until their injuries really settle down."

The Magpies already will go into Round 1 without Paul Licuria, Jason Cloke and Scott Burns, serving suspensions from last year's finals.

Ruck Steve McKee is expected to quickly recover from Saturday night's back injury.

"He got a little whack but he should be all right," Balme said.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

LMAOO. We couldn't have it any better than this. We really should take this game now. C'mon Tiges, carpe diem!

A

admin

LMAOO. We couldn't have it any better than this. We really should take this game now. C'mon Tiges, carpe diem!
Why does this make me nervous. I hope the club doesn't go out expecting an easy game. Somehow I like the scenerio of defeating a full opposition when our backs are to the wall.
Sounds like both teams will have injury and tribunal absentees.
Carpe many diems Tiges, ha. ;D