Greyhound threads [Merged] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Greyhound threads [Merged]

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Re: Greyhound Racing

Yeah I know evo. I've heard of some pretty dodgy things being done to ensure a dog won't run well.

Having said that I want to do it for a fitness aspect too. I have to build my leg muscles up for yet another knee reco and excerising a dog might make me more disclipined.

Bunnerz

Richmond are cool man
Aug 12, 2003
Geelong
Re: Greyhound Racing

I have one in Monday Traralgon, gave this one to another trainer last wee. but im still owning it. He was being a naughty boy and howling to much at night, but has got potential. 4;47pm on monday Disappearing Act, 16-1 . e,w bet

Bunner's Champ is another, but is no longer mine, that is in at sale.
Missy Fortified i had, but is having pups in 2 weeks.

Bunnerz85

Tiger Superstar
Feb 13, 2005
Greyhound For Sale....

1xGreyhound pup

Latest Lad x Missy Fortified

+ Latest Lad is winner of the Hobart 1000 and has an aussie line where as Missy Fortified won 5 races and comes from a strong american line (Fortifed Speed) who has now passed away.

1 x Fawn *smile* pup

$900 o.n.o

evo

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2003
Re: Greyhound For Sale....

I'll chip in.

Lets rename it the Punt Road Flyer or maybe Tambo or even just Bling!

Rosy can train it.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003

I hope she doesn't end up being PuntRoadDud. ;D

evo

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2003

Roar34 said:
Curtis Cuteypie?   :hihi

Geeze roar..Are you starting to turn?(not that there's anything wrong with that).First the avatar,now this.

Roar34

I wuv the Tiggers
Aug 10, 2003
Castlemaine

Curtis Cuteypie - the name of the dog, the name of the dog!

Geez, evo, apart from some things turning to mush, I'm just the same as ever. :hihi

Do you like my avatar? Little Britain ROOOLZ! Pity about the rest of it.

Bunnerz

Richmond are cool man
Aug 12, 2003
Geelong

sorry will have to reject the $11 offer.

But the punt road flyer sounds like a good idea, i have a few others we could do it with.

flinders_72

Tiger Cub
Jun 30, 2004

Rearing can cost between $30 and $40 per week up until it gets broken in @ around 14 months. Breaking in takes 4 weeks and costs $50 per week. A spell after that for a couple of months and into training (although a dog is 'trained' it's whole life). Once in pre-training cost is about $50 per week and full training cost once the dog starts racing is negotiable depending on ability.

A dog generally starts racing from 18 to 20 months old and with luck will race until it's 4 years old, and then it's retirement. If it was a half decent *smile* it's worth breeding from so there's always that option later on. If it's a champion the sky's the limit.

Usual costs for an average dog that races mostly in the country might be $50 per week plus 50/50 split with the trainer or trainer keeps all prizemoney under $100 and 50/50 split for the rest. If you have a city class dog it's usually just 50/50 because a trainer makes decent returns with this type of dog. If you have a top class dog the split is usually more in the owners favour.

Just to have a dog on the track is great fun. I even go to watch mine trial when I get the chance and there's nothing stopping you having some hands on involvement, like catching. Well worth it from a social point of view.

Unfortunately there was already a dog named Punt Road Flyer that raced in the late 80's so you probably won't be allowed this name.

bear

ohh yeh
Jan 30, 2005
Melbourn

The Greyhounds are great i like watching them run, i like the dogs that are caught on the bunny.

I would love to own a greyhound, and i often talk to my mates about getting one.

Bunnerz

Richmond are cool man
Aug 12, 2003
Geelong

What Flinders said was pretty spot on although i can get rearing a bit cheaper. I am a trainer and it costs about $35 a week for up keep, thats without vet bills. Maybe we should get a pup....

I have a few at the moment if interested....... from now to it races it would cost about $2600 all up b4 it hits the track, therefore when it hits the track it needs to make more than $5200 for you to make a profit...