Griffiths | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Griffiths

Dev Tiger

Tiger Superstar
Mar 15, 2014
It's a good decision for him personally but it does leave Jack as the only experienced key forward on the list. It might have been handy to have another one incase opposition teams go to school on our small forward line and find a way to combat it.

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
Cal Moore has gone past Griff already as the heir apparent to Jack. Should play a 10-12 games this year

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
Good luck to Griffiths. Don't believe his departure will hurt the Tigers too much, if at all.
Had potential, but a variety of personal traits and physical circumstances quelled his contribution.

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Played as a Tigers and will always be remembered as a Tiger.
Won't forget your efforts.
Good luck Peter Griffiths.

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
mrposhman said:
Lighten up Leon. Can't you take a light hearted comment?

I actually don't mind Hampson and think he's a decent back up ruck for us. That was probably the first negative comment I've posted about Hampson and it was meant as tongue in cheek.

i was going to ask if it is the only photo of a Hampson mark in existence. glad i didnt.

YinnarTiger

Tiger Legend
May 2, 2007
Gippsland
MD Jazz said:
Especially given he probably played half his games as a key forward and his game is based on athleticism. He’s not known as symbols for his musical ability.
:headscratch
Took me quite a while to figure that one out. Did you mean cymbals?

tigermike

Tiger Superstar
Apr 6, 2014
Some of Ben's punting form https://www.triplem.com.au/sport/afl/news/check-out-ben-griffiths-punting-form?station=melbourne (Won't open with IE try Firefox, Chrome, etc.)
Hard to tell how far they are going (50+m ie. 55+yds?) but hang time of about 4.7 sec is already very good. Anyone know what he'll be studying at USC...Business?

Mac

Tiger Champion
Sep 16, 2003
hutstar said:
I do, but long before the gag started it drove me bonkers.

Heh heh. Fair enough. I just found it easier to let the rip float me out to the bay of Grffens.

Batchelor Party

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 25, 2011
USA
tigermike said:
Anyone know what he'll be studying at USC...Business?
Graduated US College, you don't have to declare a major for a couple of years so he can just do general courses if he wants initially. USC is a good school, although just outside the college campus it's a totally different world--not many go for a stroll off campus. My old University the Washington Huskies are in the same conference as USC so I should get to see Ben strut his stuff.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
SCOOP said:
Nope, not even close. Flashes were better but actual output Ty was miles ahead.

It's hard to argue with that. Yes he's had some injury issues but I'm actually very disappointed that Griffiths has amounted to so little.
42 goals in 8 years from Ben vs 160 from Ty over his career. The gap is actually pretty vast.

Baron Samedi

Tiger Champion
Apr 20, 2016
SCOOP said:
Nope, not even close. Flashes were better but actual output Ty was miles ahead.

nup. no way.

tyrone was a culture killer with his "second" efforts, ben worked pretty hard around the ground.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Baron Samedi said:
nup. no way.

tyrone was a culture killer with his "second" efforts, ben worked pretty hard around the ground.

Worked hard, didn't touch leather.