Griffiths | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Griffiths

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
23.21.159 said:
Can't believe we won a flag without the one position that for years everyone thought was the most important (e.g. Hart, Carey).
How the game evolves.

Jack

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Tigers of Old said:
x 2.

Chronically underrated superstar.

One of the cleverest players Ive seen at the RFC.

Broderick was another very clever player and some of young Riolis work has been amazing.

pete and tys

Tiger Superstar
Feb 19, 2009
Jack is a natural footballer. He could play any position beautifully.
He is underrated by others, not us.
He is a star.

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
wayne said:
One more head knock (Griff even once got concussed without a head knock) and he was done anyway.

The technique for punting is the same as our torp'. I've never seen Griff kick a torp, I recall reading somewhere he couldn't kick them.

He can and did kick a rare torp in his early games and they really went, but was probably quickly told they breached team rules. Drop punts only.

Brettstigers

Queen La Camilla
Mar 21, 2005
Sydney
23.21.159 said:
Can't believe we won a flag without the one position that for years everyone thought was the most important (e.g. Hart, Carey).
How the game evolves.

Really, really funny thing is that even though we won a premiership on the strength of one tall in the forward line and one ruckman - we as in RFC as a club don't believe that should have worked either - which is why we recruited three talls to ensure we addressed our strength weakness.

PS Jack is a good FF or a supreme third tall, he 'aint a CHF.

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Brettstigers said:
Really, really funny thing is that even though we won a premiership on the strength of one tall in the forward line and one ruckman - we as in RFC as a club don't believe that should have worked either - which is why we recruited three talls to ensure we addressed our strength weakness.

PS Jack is a good FF or a supreme third tall, he 'aint a CHF.

Yes. He. Is.

Oh no that's right he's a Hal forward flanker. ;D

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
Tony Braxton-Hicks said:
PS The Age says the opportunity only came up 2 weeks ago, and they included a photo of Hampson taking a mark!

Unfortunately that's symptomatic of the way The Age is going these days and I buy 100 Ages for every Sun.
As a going concern The Age has signed its own death warrant with its cutbacks and cntrmpt for detail

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
Reckon we won the flag with 3 key position forwards.
Just cos a fella isnt a tall But he can still play the role

Case in point is Dusty.
Every time he goes forward we look to make a marking contest, get him one out deep and spoils go to the

Caddy and Towner compete against the key defenders.
Blocks, leadups, all packs are contests, no 3rd man up or defender taking uncontested marks.
Its the key forward role.
But a better contest than the jenkins and hawkins etc

And Jack does everything. Star. CHF.
IF he converts the first 2 chances we wouldve been away. And talk of him as norm smith.

We had 3 effective key fwds with Dusty doing some moonlights

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Really think Big Benny will do extremely well as a kicker/punter .

Is there such a thing as a CHF or FF anymore ? Key forwards are all over the ground now, don’t think any of the great full forwards got a kick of the hbf in the past. I’ve thought Jacks our smartest footballer for some time and I think he proved in our Premiership year how much of a football genius he is, though only a few , there maybe more physically talented key forwards in the league, however I doubt any of them could have Captained the forward half like Jack did last year an achieved what they did.

Jack is a CHF, FF , HFF, FP , Jack is the perfect modern day tall forward, Jack is a Richmond forward with a premiership medal.

E

easy_tiger

you'de think we would elevate a tall into Ben's Spot wouldnt you?

which means Chol or Moore.

I hope we see some Moore.

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
On now. No good. Houli giving a good account of himself.

Merveille

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2007
Must have been super hung - kicking wise and interview. Or is he always like that.

Bachar most impressive boot and mouth