Guess What I got in the Mail today??? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Guess What I got in the Mail today???

Koalalill

Just looking for someone else to curse!
Dec 17, 2002
Well my Husband and my Mum got in the mail.

Their membership packages. The fact that they processed Peter's (hubby) membership (normally 11 games + reserve seat) with my extra benefits (social club and 17 games) will be over looked for the purpose of this post.

My point is they are in process of being mailed out before Christmas. :D Hopefully I'll get mine tomorrow. :-/

I cannot remember the last time we got our memberships before Xmas.

A

admin

Good to see they're on the ball Koalalill. Footy season always seems closer to me once memberships arrive.
I'll be hanging out for mine to come now too. :D

Koalalill

Dec 17, 2002
Well they managed to drop the ball with the data entry on my membership but I'll take whtat I can get.

I am still waiting for the final 3 at the moment - hopefully Monday or Tuesday

A

admin

I got a letter today saying that although the club have been successful in getting memberships to people by Christmas, a small portion (us, ha) won't receive them because of technical difficulties.
They should be out by mid January.
The letter says there are almost 9,500 memberships sold so far.
I wonder how that compares with other seasons?

KittKatt

Tiger Cub
Dec 19, 2002
Yey! I just got my membership! Being an interstater... on-the-bench member I thought I would have to wait ages, but no, it came & like Big Kev...I'm excited!

julzqld

Do or do not - there is no try!
Dec 17, 2002
Palm Beach, Queensland
Yeah I got mine today too. Nice lapel pin. And a scarf as well!!

Rosy, I seem to remember this time last year the question of membership figures being raised. Probably on the old Tigerfury site.

TigersGoddess

Sing it Loud
Dec 17, 2002
Punt Road Oval
lazy no good GRRRRRRR. Nothing still. Sent away for them ages ago too. I want my membership! I dunno why, maybe it just makes it feel like the seasons closer.

julzqld

Dec 17, 2002
Palm Beach, Queensland
Hey Rosy and MT, how come for the last 4 or so posts it only lists me as having 10 posts!!!!  I notice TG's stuck on 18
Sorry - now it is saying twice that I have done 11 posts!!

A

admin

Hey Rosy and MT, how come for the last 4 or so posts it only lists me as having 10 posts!!!!
Julz it automatically alters your post count on every post, your first one would say 10 if you go back and read it. All your previous posts say the current number you are on.

julzqld

Dec 17, 2002
Palm Beach, Queensland
Duh!!! Don't worry about me! Too much heat and stress from battling with fellow shoppers at overcrowded shopping centres. Better go and lie down. 8)

Koalalill

Dec 17, 2002
"I got a letter today saying that although the club have been successful in getting memberships to people by Christmas, a small portion (us, ha) won't receive them because of technical difficulties.
They should be out by mid January. "

Well Rosy - I feel better (not for you of course) I don't like too much change and if they had of got all the memberships out I reckon I might have ended up with massive migraine from the shock ;)

But seriously, I renewed within the week on receiving all the paperwork (October) so end of December isn't that quick really. But I do know they have had alot problems with the reserve seats this year - the big move from the red seats.

PS: How do you cut out and post the quotes from other people that show up in boxes??? I'd haven't been able to work it out

A

admin

PS: How do you cut out and post the quotes from other people that show up in boxes??? I'd haven't been able to work it out

There are two ways to quote Koalalil.

First if you want to quote something from another persons post, up the top of the  box their message is in there is a quote option.  Click that, then delete the parts you don't wish to quote. Add your message under it.

Secondly, you can add quotes in your own message box. In the row above the smilies second from the right is an "insert quote" option. (looks like a sheet of paper with a blue arrow pointing right )
Click that and copy in a quote from anywhere.

froars

"Famous last words - I'll be good"
Dec 17, 2002
Melbourne
I got mine today - got a note also that says we are not allowed to swear at the footy - what's the world coming to lol.

Merry Xmas to you all - hope you have a great day tomorrow.

Cheers

Froars :froarssanta

mightytiges

The greatest Tiger of them all - Jack Dyer R.I.P.
Dec 16, 2002
got a note also that says we are not allowed to swear at the footy - what's the world coming to lol.

Not even at the umpies ::)?

Better zip up me gob this year :-X ;D.

A

admin

Yippee, 3 of our 4 memberships came today. I'm about to go out and put the new stickers on my car to impress Santa when he drops in.

Froars you might have misunderstood the swearing bit in the letter.

We do ask that all members be considerate of others and that the language used in your support of the Tigers needs to be mindful of the supporters seated around you.

I think that's telling us to swear. Some of the people seated around my area wouldn't understand any other language, ha. :cheekysanta

londontiger

The New RFC Cheersquad Chant.
Dec 17, 2002
London , United Kingdon
Again the Richmond football Club fail by not having an international membership.

Every year I book a provisional flight from london to melbourne three days before the grand final.

Every year Richmond FC tell me that they cannot guarantee a grand final ticket.

I have lost $900 for flight deposits so far, but will be there if we ever make it.

Does anyone have access to the RFC to tell them that some ex-pats still want memberships?

Was a great game at the Oval to see the Bombers and the Tigers.

Got drinking with the lads after the game, and we might be alright next year if a few step up.

Anyway.

Merry Christmas

Koalalill

Dec 17, 2002
Merry Xmas to you Londontiger.

Firstly, a basic membership doesn't guarantee anyone a grand final ticket even if Richmond is competing. There a number of more expensive packages (titus Ton-up, Social Club) that will guarantee a ticket if the tigers are playing.

But to the second point you make. The CLub is introducing a members forum in 2003 to look at ways to improve benefits etc to members. I will be part of that forum and will raise this issue on your behalf and see what I can find out. Our first meeting is in February

A

admin

Was a great game at the Oval to see the Bombers and the Tigers.

I had a different problem londontiger.
I tried to organise going to London to the game.(seemed a good excuse for a holiday, ha)
Neither the AFL nor the RFC could help me organise a ticket to the game over there.
I was told I'd have to take my chance of getting a ticket when I got to pommyland.
That's crap.
I had a trip to Africa planned too, but cancelled the lot, cos I wasn't going to risk not getting a ticket to the footy game.
Hopefully we'll get a chance to defend our title next year, and I'll get over then.
Then again, it kinda seems like too much effort after the hassles I had. I was really disappointed Richmond wouldn't even make an effort to help me.
Go Tiges.