GWS have problems | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

GWS have problems

nswtiger

tiger army tiger army!! thank you very much
Feb 14, 2005
Nrth NSW
1) its their first grand final as a team, a club and all of the players ( Shaw played in one) .Its an emotional week and day ............they will be feeling the game day pressure of the g/f event .its all a new uncharted territory for them .................can the 'me first, look at me' team handle that???
2) they have played their grand final already....last Saturday .did you see the way the players and club 'carry on' after that lucky win ...........just getting to the g/f was their focus ..........
3) if they play Whitfield .he will be still injured or at least very sore. he had key hole surgery 5 days ago ............they cut his lower abdominal muscle .(be it a small cut) to get his appendix out .unless they sucked it out of his ass!! ............ so he will lose some of his kicking, jumping and running power ............his core strength will be reduced ..............he will feel it in a contest .esp if he get tackled .........he will 'blow up' with a physical g/f game
4) if they play Coniglio .he is not afl game fit .a huge risk for a g/f. Plus he will be worried about re-injuring his knee again ........... will not last the distance
5) Green .he will play ..............'so what' .we have system which reduces his influence ..............will get stressed because he is not getting the ball or kicking goals and go back to his 'normal thug way'
6) Phil Davis ,will play ,but he injured his calf and shoulder ...........shoulder not a big problem but his calf injury is ( ask lids) .will not be able to jump and run with power. lynch will run him around all day ...............Davis will play deep leaving lynch and jack to have a field day up the ground
7) if they play these guys .so be it .but who do they drop? they drop 3-4 fits players for 3-4 unfit players ..............

they have problems!!!

Reactions: 3 users

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
1) its their first grand final as a team, a club and all of the players ( Shaw played in one) .Its an emotional week and day ............they will be feeling the game day pressure of the g/f event .its all a new uncharted territory for them .................can the 'me first, look at me' team handle that???
2) they have played their grand final already....last Saturday .did you see the way the players and club 'carry on' after that lucky win ...........just getting to the g/f was their focus ..........
3) if they play Whitfield .he will be still injured or at least very sore. he had key hole surgery 5 days ago ............they cut his lower abdominal muscle .(be it a small cut) to get his appendix out .unless they sucked it out of his ass!! ............ so he will lose some of his kicking, jumping and running power ............his core strength will be reduced ..............he will feel it in a contest .esp if he get tackled .........he will 'blow up' with a physical g/f game
4) if they play Coniglio .he is not afl game fit .a huge risk for a g/f. Plus he will be worried about re-injuring his knee again ........... will not last the distance
5) Green .he will play ..............'so what' .we have system which reduces his influence ..............will get stressed because he is not getting the ball or kicking goals and go back to his 'normal thug way'
6) Phil Davis ,will play ,but he injured his calf and shoulder ...........shoulder not a big problem but his calf injury is ( ask lids) .will not be able to jump and run with power. lynch will run him around all day ...............Davis will play deep leaving lynch and jack to have a field day up the ground
7) if they play these guys .so be it .but who do they drop? they drop 3-4 fits players for 3-4 unfit players ..............

they have problems!!!

Some good summations there, New South
It does appear as though GWS will be rolling the dice on some injured players.
Can't play injured players on reputations or past performances. So few ever actually have an impact when they do play.
As much as I love the Fridge and understand how important he is to the structure of the team, if he were to pop his shoulder again early in the match then the team suffers.
Can't let sentiment or emotion get in the way of making good selection decisions.
Feel very much for Graham but the desire to see RFC hoist another premiership flag outweighs any sentimentality.

Reactions: 1 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
They are the only other team who has almost as many good players as us.

But yeah, not the experience or cohesion.

I really hope coniglio plays.

Reactions: 1 user

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
They are the only other team who has almost as many good players as us.

But yeah, not the experience or cohesion.

I really hope coniglio plays.

Me also. Would be a highly contentious selection given that Davis and Whitfield are already under big injury clouds.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Can see the media saying before the game that GWS should role the dice on Whitfield, David, Coniglio etc and when they lose, the same journos will say GWS erred in taking so many injured players into a Grand Final

Reactions: 10 users

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
But we didn’t have any injuries in 2017 ?

We were new to the big dance but so was Adelaide

Our only concern was whether Cotch would be rubbed out

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
I doubt Coniglio will play, too much risk when they are already going in with Davis and Whitfield.

Spirit of Jack

Only a Tiger premiership can make 2020 a good year
Apr 19, 2004
I hope GWS play all the injured guys. It's a grand final - they will be found wanting.

Tiger Pops

Tiger Champion
Apr 22, 2008
Melbourne
Whitfield has lost 3-5kg. Coniglio is the age old question how "match ready" is he, high risk, high reward. Davis I rough - calf - G O N E, but defied the odds and stayed on, issue there is how will it pull up... If inhibited on a relatively dry day, hes may be giving Jack or Tom a head start on every lead. Please I hope all 3 play. !!!

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Plus struggling to run out games.
Been out scored in the last quarter past two games.
Kicked a total of 3 goals

We’ve kicked 7 total for past 2 games

Tigerfan

Roar Power
Apr 28, 2004
Gold Coast (SE - QLD).
Full credit to GWS to win three finals in a row.
But they Bris at the Gabba by 3p
We beat lions By 47

They beat Coll in the mcg by 4points.
We beat Coll by 32.

And we beat GWS last time by 27 points.

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
Hawks in their recent reign beat interstate teams in all three gf's.

Have GWS beat us at the MCG?

They have had a hard road to the finals, demonstrated by their flat final quarter against Collingwood, I expect we will run over the top of them (like we do to everyone else)

kiwitiger

Go the AllBlacks, the Storm , and the Tigers.
Jul 28, 2004
My only concern, we have been allowing teams to get a jump on us , and then come back ,

Eventually we may get caught out and the fast finish isnt enough to reign it back in

in saying that I think if the scores are close at HT , we finish stronger , lets not give them a decent lead .

Reactions: 6 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
My only concern, we have been allowing teams to get a jump on us , and then come back ,

Eventually we may get caught out and the fast finish isnt enough to reign it back in

in saying that I think if the scores are close at HT , we finish stronger , lets not give them a decent lead .

I reckon well be 7 goals up by HT

• Love
Reactions: 6 users

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
We’ve put the line through Graham. It’s interesting how the media keep focusing on the Rd 3 match when we were still struggling without Rance, lost Short and Cotchin during the game, and I think Jack was out too, plus it was at their home ground. They don’t talk about the return game in Rd 17 which is far more relevant.

• Sad