• If you are having trouble logging in to the forum please contact admin@puntroadend.com // When reseting your password or awaiting confirmation please check your junk/spam emails.

Hamish Hartlett

go polo

Tiger Rookie
Jul 28, 2005
I hope it is not true that we are prepared to give up our first round pick from 2017 for Hamish harlett.. Does Blair realise that could be a top 3 pick. What does Blair see in him.

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
go polo said:
I hope it is not true that we are prepared to give up our first round pick from 2017 for Hamish harlett.. Does Blair realise that could be a top 3 pick. What does Blair see in him.
probably a lot, he drafted him to Port...

bullus_hit

Whatchu talkin about Jack?
Apr 3, 2006
Next year's second rounder, that's all I would entertain at this stage.

AstuteTiger

Jumpin Jack
Feb 25, 2007
go polo said:
Ex port employee BH that would explain it

AstuteTiger

Jumpin Jack
Feb 25, 2007
bullus_hit said:
Next year's second rounder, that's all I would entertain at this stage.
Yep 2nd rounder thats it, has 5 years still to run on his contract

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Reporting next years first rounder. This can't be right we can't be that stupid.

bullus_hit

Apr 3, 2006
Harry said:
Reporting next years first rounder. This can't be right we can't be that stupid.
If true it surely can't be in isolation, we'd have to get a pick in return.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
We shouldn't be surprised blair dan and Bernie are still at the wheel. Desperate times. It's 2017 to win an EF or bust

Gypsy__Jazz

Tiger Champion
Nov 21, 2004
Prestia and Hartlett? That's two high profile blokes who have serious issues getting their body right. Hartlett is on huge overs too and that's due to our interest last season. Surely they can't be trying again after it looks like we dodged a bullet? There's a lot of overrated blokes in that Port midfield, what an indictment on Hartlett that he's the one they've considered surplus to requirements.

bullus_hit

Apr 3, 2006
Tigers of Old said:
That may well be pick 1.
And therein lies the risk, it's gambling with the club's long term future. Heads will roll if this goes wrong.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
bullus_hit said:
And therein lies the risk, it's gambling with the club's long term future. Heads will roll if this goes wrong.
Not really. They'll just undertake a review, learn from it and aim to get better.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
bullus_hit said:
Harry said:
Not really. They'll just undertake a review, learn from it and aim to get better.
Yep, after a wide ranging review we will delist Mzungu and Pearce after picking them up as delisted free agents this year.

Gypsy__Jazz

Tiger Champion
Nov 21, 2004
They'll have to get a new firm for that review. Ernst & Young can't go around again. Who will they defer to next?

BrisTiger24

Chimp's Love of the Tiger
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
Can't see us giving up next year's first pick. We are pretty useless at this stuff but can't see us being that useless. If so we may as well get the carpet cleaners into Punt Rd and vacate the premises.

I don't mind Hartlett for the right price. I'd swap him for Edward's. I'd also swap him for Lids TBH