• If you are having trouble logging in to the forum please contact admin@puntroadend.com // When reseting your password or awaiting confirmation please check your junk/spam emails.

Hamish Hartlett

BrisTiger24

Chimp's Love of the Tiger
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
Something's fishy here. Wasn't it Port pushing him to seek a trade option to free up cap space? If he stays, who goes (maybe someone they were keen to keep has asked to be traded? Wines??).

bullus_hit

Whatchu talkin about Jack?
Apr 3, 2006
BrisTiger24 said:
Something's fishy here. Wasn't it Port pushing him to seek a trade option to free up cap space? If he stays, who goes (maybe someone they were keen to keep has asked to be traded? Wines??).
Very fishy, sounds like damaged goods.

tigertime2

Our cup runneth over!
Mar 22, 2008
A Melbourne club is trying to get Port to pay a large chunk of his salary. He is gone from Port.

bullus_hit

Whatchu talkin about Jack?
Apr 3, 2006
tigertime2 said:
A Melbourne club is trying to get Port to pay a large chunk of his salary. He is gone from Port.
Not according to his manager.

Blind Charlie

Talk is cheap,just do it !
May 20, 2015
Supposed to be a few clubs that have been a caught out salary cap wise so this is no surprise that the club are trying to move him but he wants to stay.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
He is the weakest link in ports midfield. He is behind Gray, wines, Ebert, Boak and Cassisi

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
So now we're not getting Twavis n we're not getting Hamish. What the **** is wrong with these people?

How are we all supposed to retain our keyboard rage if every time there's a rumour about all the dud players coming to Tigerland, these same players make us look like imbeciles by suddenly deciding to go elsewhere?

Oh how I wish some player would at least sign a contract to come and play for us, so that at least I could consider making a comment about something that is actually happening. Rather than getting hysterical over someone's internet brain fart.

WesternTiger

Tiger Legend
Nov 7, 2004
bullus_hit said:
Very fishy, sounds like damaged goods.
Yep. Have Hartlett tied up for another 4 years at $600+ per year and Lobbe for another three on good coin. We really screwed them over last trade period :hihi. Some would say their list management is Richmond like.

Rfc4Ever

Tiger Legend
Oct 5, 2007
Contracted at 600k.

No wonder he is staying put.

No team should pay that much for him.

Pomsta

Roast Tiger Anyone???
Feb 18, 2004
zippadeee said:
He is the weakest link in ports midfield. He is behind Gray, wines, Ebert, Boak and Cassisi
You know he's bad when he is behind a bloke that retired a couple of years ago

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
If he were to cost RFC very little then welcome him aboard, but his existing contract is a financial millstone as far as other clubs are concerned (and far more coin that he warrants) and he just isn't that great a player to be carving out such a sizable chunk of the salary cap.
Basically, it's a NO for me on Hartlett.

BillyJean17

Tiger Superstar
Jul 27, 2009
melbourne
No way on earth he s worth a reputed 700k he s on, for that brass, you need to be top 10 brownlow ea year like dusty. That lemon ain't even top 10 in a bottom 8 BF

Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Port Adelaide’s Hamish Hartlett reveals how close he came to joining Richmond
Tim Mitchell
Herald Sun
January 30, 2020

Richmond was “very keen” to lure Port Adelaide vice-captain Hamish Hartlett the year before it claimed its droughtbreaking premiership.

The Power halfback was linked with the Tigers and Essendon during the 2016 trade period despite signing a five-year contract extension in 2015.

Hartlett said his relationship with Richmond's recruiting boss Blair Hartley instigated talks which could have led to him becoming a Tigers premiership hero.

“Blair and I have always had a pretty good relationship and they were really keen,” he said. “But I just sort of said, ‘nah, look I want to honour my contract here at Port Adelaide, I want to turn into the player I think I can become and I want to have team success with this football club and football team.

“That was where it sort of ended.”

Hartlett said his Power teammates enjoyed reminding him of how close he came to being part of Richmond’s 2017 flag.

“The boys get stuck into me a little bit about it. They often say, ‘you could potentially be a two-time premiership player’,” he said on SEN SA.

“Then I always come back and say, ‘maybe in the VFL’, because I reckon I’d struggle to get in that team at the moment.”

A “proud Port Adelaide man”, Hartlett said he was glad he stayed in Adelaide despite missing out on the possibility of being part of Richmond’s two premierships in the past three seasons.

“There was a period of time where I had to explore things because my career at Port Adelaide at the time probably wasn’t going the way I wanted it to and the way the club wanted to either,” he said.

“It was always going to be difficult for me to leave Adelaide. I’m a pretty loyal guy to the footy club and obviously my friends and family here as well.”

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/richmond/port-adelaides-hamish-hartlett-reveals-how-close-he-came-to-joining-richmond/news-story/8df3f5e6265df66cdc1aec1a8d74e5d0 (paywalled)

- - - - -

We dodged a bullet.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Missed it by that much.

End of 2016 we got Presty, Cadds n Nank, wonder who would've missed out if we'd got Hamish instead? Two flags in the back sky rocket n poor Hamish admits he'd be struggling to break into our side. Oh Mr. Hartlett, a brilliant career move :)) .

Reactions: 1 user

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
melbourne
Had we got Hartlett we might not have the trio that helped us get to where we got.

I might be wrong but the trades also allowed us to get Jack Graham also.

4 Premiership players in one off season.

Reactions: 1 users
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Had we got Hartlett we might not have the trio that helped us get to where we got.
Or had room for Lynch.

We were into him the year before, and he ended up signing a five-year extension at $500K and has been 15th or worse in the b&f in every season since. People say Brandon Ellis has done well for himself but this guy puts him in the shade.

Not saying he's hopeless but he hasn't performed to his potential with any consistency.

Reactions: 4 users

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Que knob head Koshie to have a whinge about Richmond.

Reactions: 1 users

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
What I liked about reading that article is the amount of respect that we have within the industry. He mentioned that he mightn’t get a game due to the strength of our team.

Reactions: 3 users