Hardest loses | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Hardest loses

DragaTheCro

Tiger Champion
Apr 20, 2004
The 2013 and 2015 EF losses are hard to split. Both hit me real hard. Here’s one out of left field... the last H&A game of the 1998 season when we had to win to make the 8. We got belted by Melb. Absolutely shattered. That was probably the only time I almost felt like giving up following the Tiges.

Reactions: 2 users

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
Will never forget the depression post game after the two mcg elim finals. Dark times.

Biggest farce was losing to the suns

Reactions: 1 user

DragaTheCro

Tiger Champion
Apr 20, 2004
Will never forget the depression post game after the two mcg elim finals. Dark times.

Biggest farce was losing to the suns
Yep. I seriously thought we were a cursed club. Never in my wildest dreams did I think I would see 2 flags within 3 years post 2016.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
It was horrible. Too disgraceful to stay with my then 14 year old. Wondered what sort of club I’d encouraged her to follow. 10 years on we celebrated the first flag in 37 years as a family.
It was being on twitter a week or so ago, maybe it was an anniversary of it or something. Brett Deledio tweeted that he reckons it was the worst day he had as an AFL footballer in his career

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Gavin Exell unbelievable.
Simon Verbeek saved his best against us.
How about Dean Rice? Kicked 5 or 6 in round 1 in 91 or 92 against us.
The left footer that usually played in the back line for the doggies kicked 6 against us at the Telstra dome.
Jason Gram kicked 4 in a half against us.
Even Kosi would love to play against us.
Duigan .....

That one still gives me nightmares

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
The 2013 and 2015 EF losses are hard to split. Both hit me real hard. Here’s one out of left field... the last H&A game of the 1998 season when we had to win to make the 8. We got belted by Melb. Absolutely shattered. That was probably the only time I almost felt like giving up following the Tiges.
We were 10 goals down at half time. Very similar in 2000 when we had to beat Carlton by 5 goals to make the finals. We lost by 12 goals :rolleyes:

So typical of RFC teams of that era.

Reactions: 1 user

Giardiasis

Tiger Legend
Apr 20, 2009
Brisbane
Not sure if it's been mentioned but the Nathan Brown game against Melbourne in 2005. We were flying up to that point, 7 wins in the first 9 rounds. Only won 3 more for the rest of the year. We were still in the 8 up to Round 16.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Not sure if it's been mentioned but the Nathan Brown game against Melbourne in 2005. We were flying up to that point, 7 wins in the first 9 rounds. Only won 3 more for the rest of the year. We were still in the 8 up to Round 16.
It was certainly one of the hardest seasons but in terms of hard losses I can't even recall whether we won or lost that game?
Apart from our poor drafting record we did have some bad luck around that time as well. The loss of Brown was devastating as was the injury to Mark Coughlan who was heading for a stellar career imo.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
It was certainly one of the hardest seasons but in terms of hard losses I can't even recall whether we won or lost that game?
Apart from our poor drafting record we did have some bad luck around that time as well. The loss of Brown was devastating as was the injury to Mark Coughlan who was heading for a stellar career imo.
Lost.

Giardiasis

Tiger Legend
Apr 20, 2009
Brisbane
We lost by 57 points. I call it a hard loss because of all the hype we'd built up to that point winning 7 games to get smashed like we did was a big let down plus we had a new star in the side (he'd kicked 34 goals up to that point and he ended up polling 7 brownlow votes) that suffered an injury that would affect the rest of his career. Our finals hopes were basically over because of his injury.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
We lost by 57 points. I call it a hard loss because of all the hype we'd built up to that point winning 7 games to get smashed like we did was a big let down plus we had a new star in the side (he'd kicked 34 goals up to that point and he ended up polling 7 brownlow votes) that suffered an injury that would affect the rest of his career. Our finals hopes were basically over because of his injury.

One of the best qtrs i ever saw by a RFC player was by Brown.
The QTR he ripped Collingwood a new one.
Its a pity Matthew Whelan wasnt suspend for bluntly jumping onto Browns legs.
Similiar incident to what Thomas did to Rohan

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne

I presume that's the one where Brown snapped his leg. The footage of that just about makes you sick, wrecked our season, wrecked Brown's leg and career.

Truly awful moment.

DS

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia

I was at a betting shop at Gloucester Park in Perth (main trots track) the afternoon before that game when a guy came in an laid $60k on the Tigers.