Hardwick | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Hardwick

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Hardwick got slapped tonight. Like or not..he did.
We had the top 4 locked away mid season and we had top 2 locked away the last 6 weeks..
Do guys believe he could've tried different things, different players (Carthwaite or Balta)
Tonight looked like Collingwood studied us inside and out and we didn't even have a plan B.
A Really disappointing way to go out considering the season we just witnessed

achillesjones

"just kick it to Royce"
Apr 19, 2004
Tonight wasn't Dimma's fault. Midfield got poleaxed early in the game. Dusty, Lambert and Prestia were beaten badly in the first quarter. That is where we won last year and lost tonight.

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
Can’t blame just one person.

Reckon we lost it at selection

Reckon we lost it in the first qtr.

Reilwoldt played well, so did Higgins, cotch and mcingtosh - anyone else

Can’t win a game when so many players put in their worst performances for the year

tha8ball

Tiger Legend
Jan 6, 2005
Oh East Melbourne!
I’m still trying to get my head around the fact the Sidebottom had 35 uncontested possessions. Seriously he played offthe back of the square and the back of each stoppage all night unmanned. The bloke is an all Australian having a career year. Hello!! Anyone up there watching this??? Seriously made me feel sick watching it. You have graham, Conca and Even lambert giving u sweet F A... send one to him!!! Just try and curtail him

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Not playing Grimes on DeGoey was certainly a mistake, despite his protestations that we play the players in their zones.

ToraToraTora

Two outta three ain't bad.
Mar 21, 2005
QLD
If R1 rolls around and we haven't made at least 3 changes to this side, I'll be disappointed.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
He said something in his press conference that didn't impress me. He was asked about the fitness of dusty. And replied he was always going to play, because dusty would've killed him if he was left out.
Not sure I like that, as coach you select your best team, don't selected injured players. Tonight was Astbury and Martin.
In 2013 he selected Conca and someone else that weren't 100 percent.

Mantikorr

Tiger Matchwinner
Apr 26, 2006
zippadeee said:
He said something in his press conference that didn't impress me. He was asked about the fitness of dusty. And replied he was always going to play, because dusty would've killed him if he was left out.
Not sure I like that, as coach you select your best team, don't selected injured players. Tonight was Astbury and Martin.
In 2013 he selected Conca and someone else that weren't 100 percent.
Griff was the other one

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
tha8ball said:
I’m still trying to get my head around the fact the Sidebottom had 35 uncontested possessions. Seriously he played offthe back of the square and the back of each stoppage all night unmanned. The bloke is an all Australian having a career year. Hello!! Anyone up there watching this??? Seriously made me feel sick watching it. You have graham, Conca and Even lambert giving u sweet F A... send one to him!!! Just try and curtail him

It was unbelievable that 4 blokes in the coaches box allowed this to happen.
I bet next week either hutchsion or big teeth tag him

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
Lost at selection table. 4 blokes clearly not right (Astbury, Dusty, Graham and Lambert). But his hands were tied, he wasn’t going to pull them.

Mantikorr

Tiger Matchwinner
Apr 26, 2006
tha8ball said:

I couldn't believe this either. Was so clear to see. Surely someone should have manned him up at some stage. Even KMac, lay a few hard tackles on him and make him earn a few. Killed us

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Sidebottom had plenty of the pill the last time we played them. The difference was most of our boys had a decent game. This time everyone bar Jack was flat so Sidebottom's possessions became damaging.

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
22nd Man said:
Why were his hands tief?

Because if he pulled them and we lost, the narrative would have been “why didn’t you play them?”. Damned if you do, damned if you don’t. If we had 4 fit players in over those guys we still would have lost. Pies were just too good.

toby64

Tiger Champion
Mar 17, 2014
TigerFlag2017 said:
Watched the presser.

Dimma is a class act. Proud that he is our coach.

Yep he is. Apparently then went into the Pies rooms to congratulate Bucks and the rest of the filth.

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
TigerFlag2017 said:
Watched the presser.

Dimma is a class act. Proud that he is our coach.

Agree. How about the Ch7 Thunderbird guy trying to get him to slip up and say something about Lynch. Wasn't going to though.