• If you are having trouble logging in to the forum please contact admin@puntroadend.com // When reseting your password or awaiting confirmation please check your junk/spam emails.

Harley Bennell

yandb

Tiger Champion
Mar 24, 2004
Dusty recommended that we pass two years ago, I trust Dusty's advice.

Reactions: 1 users

ARCHYBOY

Tiger Superstar
Mar 30, 2010
Little River
From what I heard yesterday, stay well and truly clear.
Hasn’t changed a bit, if anything, he has got worse.
Only clubs preying for a spark will look at him.

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Mad the discussion this is generating. We have drafted a few players who had chequered past.

One massive difference, they were in amazing recent form on the field.

This guy hasn't played decent footy in near 5 years by the time 2020 rolls in. That's an eternity. Not only are you taking on trust off-field but the even bigger question is on field.

Our boys were actually sizzling in that respect.
another big difference is the issues the players have had.
Pickett got into trouble 10 years ago. from all reports he has worked hard without issue in the WAFL for the past few years.
Stack is a young kid who had never learnt how to prepare as a professional footballer. he may have gotten into some fights, but nothing serious.

Bennell has been in the AFL system for 10 years and reportedly still hasnt learnt how to keep out of trouble or how to prepare as an AFL footballer.

A possible comparison is Dusty, but Dusty has always had football as his main priority and despite whatever he may get up to off the field has always presented at the club in decent condition. he also seemingly learnt from a young age who to keep any mischief out of the public eye.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
I think we should feign interest in Bennell and start a frenzy of interest from those other salty clubs wanting to duplicate our recruiting success.

Reactions: 4 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
melbourne
The simple fact that the Crapdinias and #Godeeeez are salivating over Bennell and both want him makes me want the RFC to take the pisss and just swoop in take him for the melts even better if he actually performs, the tears would be enough to re invigorate the Murray Darling River basin disaster.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
The simple fact that the Crapdinias and #Godeeeez are salivating over Bennell and both want him makes me want the RFC to take the pisss and just swoop in take him for the melts even better if he actually performs, the tears would be enough to re invigorate the Murray Darling River basin disaster.
That should be Fiasco not disaster,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, well perhaps both.

BillyJean17

Tiger Superstar
Jul 27, 2009
melbourne
I'd be tempted. We are the right club for him in the sense that our medical staff are top notch and our culture is superb.
BUT we have enough quick fast and skillful players now. Pickett took Bennel's spot.
And we need to find a spot for Stacky , there’s no place for Bennell

Ghost of 29

Handball - its just a fad!!
Aug 16, 2008
No thanks. He’s been effectively out of the game for 3 years and coming off surgery on both calves. We did awesome with Stack and Pickett, no need to roll the dice again

Reactions: 3 users

tommystigers

Don't Boo! It is hurtful to the inept and corrupt.
Oct 6, 2004
Can anyone remember where he actually plays on the ground?
Richmond has plenty to offer Harley. Unfortunately he has nothing to offer us that we can't get from what we have.

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
No thanks. He’s been effectively out of the game for 3 years and coming off surgery on both calves. We did awesome with Stack and Pickett, no need to roll the dice again
again, what is the similarity with PIckett in particular?
Pickett is getting a very bad rap by association that he does not deserve.

Reactions: 2 users

caesar

Tiger Champion
Feb 9, 2015
If the club didn’t discuss him then it would be negligent.
As posted previously, they may have discussed him and the conversation would have gone:

He shafted us last time, do we really need need to go down that road again.

Actually I reckon Bennell would be embarrassed to show his face at Richmond.

Reactions: 3 users

Tigerfan

Roar Power
Apr 28, 2004
Gold Coast (SE - QLD).
As posted previously, they may have discussed him and the conversation would have gone:

He shafted us last time, do we really need need to go down that road again.

Actually I reckon Bennell would be embarrassed to show his face at Richmond.
Then that’s fine by me, as long as the option was discussed.

Tigerfan

Roar Power
Apr 28, 2004
Gold Coast (SE - QLD).
the similarities

their age
both play AFL
From Perth
Aboriginal
Had legal issues
Both on the open market (at different times)
Midfielders
Really good footballers

it’s quite enough to launch a discussion comparing them.

Tigerfan

Roar Power
Apr 28, 2004
Gold Coast (SE - QLD).
Also, a bit of general hysteria (not by you) towards Bennel, as thouhg he’s the devil.
He’s not the devil... he’s just a young man trying to make his way.

Tigerfan

Roar Power
Apr 28, 2004
Gold Coast (SE - QLD).
I'd be tempted. We are the right club for him in the sense that our medical staff are top notch and our culture is superb.

BUT we have enough quick fast and skillful players now. Pickett took Bennel's spot.
one reason against signing Bennell which I support is that

two actually

1... signing him means we lose an opportunity with some potentially equally talented youngster.

2... not signing Bennell probably won’t change our level of success next year.

my original point on this subject is the same: it would be negligent if our footydept doesn’t consider him, and I’m sure they will.