Has Stengle signed with Adelaide? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Has Stengle signed with Adelaide?

ahyeahnah

Tiger Superstar
Aug 14, 2016
If he has then the quandry over which of our glut of smalls we keep just narrowed

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
TigerPaul.71 said:
would he have to be traded ??

Yep, he knocked back a 2 year deal with us.
So I’m guessing he’s going back to SA

ahyeahnah

Tiger Superstar
Aug 14, 2016
TigerPaul.71 said:
would he have to be traded ??
Good question and I'm unsure about that because he was a rookie and his contract expired this year.

Maybe because the official end of the "footy" year for players is Oct 1st we might be able to negotiate as he would still be technically under contract.

Or maybe the club has given him the Khyber pass and realise that he isn't really worth two bob in a trade

ahyeahnah

Tiger Superstar
Aug 14, 2016
se7en said:
I'm actually disappointed to lose him but maybe it was a toss of a coin between him and Baker and Baker took the two years

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
se7en said:

That month or two of dominant form in the reserves that went unrewarded probably the catalyst for his departure, although he probably just wanted to go home anyway, that is if the talk is correct and he actually is going. Will have to wait and see.

Adelaide probably promised him easier games and the chance to return home.

Shame as he could progress to being a good player.

ahyeahnah

Tiger Superstar
Aug 14, 2016
craig said:
That month or two of dominant form in the reserves that went unrewarded probably the catalyst for his departure, although he probably just wanted to go home anyway.

Yep he could have come on as he did show loads of promise.

However, he will find it easier to be gifted easier games at a *smile* club like Adelaide

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
ahyeahnah said:
I'm actually disappointed to lose him but maybe it was a toss of a coin between him and Baker and Baker took the two years

Okay. 2 very similar stories. 2 year deal on the table.
One person says he knocked it back, someone else I know said it he put it on hold.
If on hold it could be he wants a better $$$ / length.
If knocked back, I say he is gone.

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
A two year deal for Stengle from the Tigers is a pretty good option. Prove yourself over that time and the Tigers will easily offer another contract. Think this young fella might be getting ahead of himself if he wants three or four years. Hasn't proven anything to date.

clown

Tiger Superstar
Mar 16, 2004
He definitely cab be an asset up forward the talent is there but is the drive? Small forwards are a dime a dozen right now so no biggie

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Bullarto Tiger said:
A two year deal for Stengle from the Tigers is a pretty good option. Prove yourself over that time and the Tigers will easily offer another contract. Think this young fella might be getting ahead of himself if he wants three or four years. Hasn't proven anything to date.

Still a teenager. If blokes like McIntosh, Castagna, Butler left because they weren't entrenched in the side at 20, they wouldn't be premiership players. There are kids in the draft who'd kill to land at Richmond right now, let alone rookies.

On the other hand, we might consider him surplus to requirements given his competition for a spot.

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
Stengle was never consistent and inherently a lazy footballer. The raw talent was there but the heart wasn't. Maybe Tigerland wasn't the place for him and he may well thrive elsewhere. The club think so as they gave Baker two years

BillyJean17

Tiger Champion
Jul 27, 2009
melbourne
Not convinced he ll make it , watched him closely in vfl finals , pretty average and looked nothing like an afl player . Baker gets more ball so I’d take him if had to choose , even he has work to do but shows promise

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
craig said:
That month or two of dominant form in the reserves that went unrewarded probably the catalyst for his departure, although he probably just wanted to go home anyway, that is if the talk is correct and he actually is going. Will have to wait and see.

He is too slow for a crumbling forward.
He can't play midfield.
He will good playing for Sturt
Get rid of him. Stooge them for a pick

Panthera Tigris

Tiger Champion
Apr 27, 2010
Could be as simple as his management having fielded enquiries from Adelaide at some point during the season (i’d suggest it’s pretty routine for the SA clubs to make enquiries about SA boys up for contract) and the call of home is too much to refuse. I remember reading that it was his grandparents (or was it a great aunt & uncle?) that raised him for most of his childhood. He seemed really close knit with them and they’re back in Adelaide.