He will probably pass Tommy. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

He will probably pass Tommy.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Milestone for Frawley
August 16 2003
AAP

After a terrible week, Richmond coach Danny Frawley reaches a milestone tomorrow in the AFL match against Essendon at the MCG.

Frawley's 89th game in charge over the last four years will make this the longest coaching stint at Punt Rd since the great Tom Hafey was sacked in 1976.

Tony Jewell coached 113 games, but his time at Richmond in the 1980s was over two spells.

While Frawley's achievement shows more stability at Richmond in the last few years, he would just be happy to beat the Bombers.

The Tigers undid a fortnight of improvement last Saturday night when St Kilda belted them by 80 points.

Soon after the match, the only positive Frawley could find was that his side had three more weeks to end the season positively.

Unfortunately for Richmond, the first of those comes tomorrow against an Essendon team determined for some payback.

Richmond had arguably its best effort of the season when they last met in round seven.

The Tigers smashed Essendon by 42 points, doubling its score and restricting the Bombers to only five goals for the game.

"It's a bit of a different group, there's probably five different players from that game," Frawley said.

"Essendon is on a real roll at the moment, we realise they probably had a number of players out in that game...it's a different set of circumstances now.

"We've got to make sure we get an even contribution from everyone in our team.

"We did that two weeks previously for a couple of weeks and then fell away last week miserably."

Bombers coach Kevin Sheedy said on Wednesday he had stressed to his players that they must be on form tomorrow and not underestimate the out-of-sorts Richmond.

An upset loss could derail Essendon's late-season surge to the finals, with Fremantle and Collingwood to come.

Sheedy will also reach a milestone tomorrow, coaching his 200th game at the MCG.

-AAP

nwonash

Tiger Champion
Aug 10, 2003
Melbourne
I cant believe everytime someone has a milestone or retirement game, it's always against Richmond !

why us ? do clubs need require further motivation against us ? I figure not.

Roar34

I wuv the Tiggers
Aug 10, 2003
Castlemaine
Yes and how many of those big occasion games have we won? not too many!
I can remember as far back as when the Royals attended a Richmond v. Fitzroy match, and guess what? yep, the Roys won that one, too!