Heeeeelllllllpppppp | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Heeeeelllllllpppppp

TigersGoddess

Sing it Loud
Dec 17, 2002
Punt Road Oval
My computer has gone nuts. I turned it on and it just started bringing up all these windows one with my computer backgrounds another I think was program settings (or something like that) it's moving all my desktop icons and start button all around the screen and won't let me do anything. Whenever I move the mouse it opens and closes new things. It stopped doing it before so I ran ad-aware and internet sweeper but then it started again. It's done this several times, sometimes I can run programs and go on the net (like now) or other times as soon as my computer finishes loading it just starts going nuts and I have to restart my computer. It's kind of like when you left click the mouse button and hold it down and highlight different icons. It also brings up the menu that appears when you right click the mouse that has active desk top in it etc. Is it just my mouse going mental (or as TM put it "do we have a mouse plague ::) ;D) or is it something else?

evo

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2003
I probably stating the obvious here but it sounds like a virus.I'd be tempted to save all the programs that are essential to you and reformat the whole drive,reinstalling windows.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Wow that sounds like drastic action evo. I hope I never have that problem or PRE would be in dire danger of extinction, ha. ;D

TigersGoddess

Sing it Loud
Dec 17, 2002
Punt Road Oval
Even if I knew how to do that evo I wouldn't dare because I'd still manage to stuff it up and well and truly kill my computer :-\ Ran scan disk and defragged the computer after that it did it once more then stopped. I'll see how it goes.

tiga

New RFC fitness regime under Wallace
Apr 28, 2003
Blue Mountains NSW
TG, aside from a virus it's possible that you may also have a faulty keyboard or mouse. Is your virus scanning software up to date?? I can't stress how important it is to have a very good antivirus software with the latest virus definitions. I run nortons with 'liveupdate' which automatically updates my virus definitions.
If you are confident that there are no viruses in the system, try swapping over your keyboard and mouse.

let me know how you go

TigersGoddess

Sing it Loud
Dec 17, 2002
Punt Road Oval
I have vet anti virus on my computer. Dunno if it works or not (shows how much I know about computers) I started it and it downloaded an update so I'll run it, swap the mouse and keyboard and see how it goes. It took me 4 times of restarting my computer to actually get on here and read and post a reply. Stupid computers.