Hello All | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Hello All

Tiger44

Tiger Superstar
Sep 23, 2005
Just joined PRE today and have enjoyed reading the many posts etc. Am 45 married with three kids, 16,13 & 10. All tiger supporters (otherwise they don't get fed!) Was lucky enough to be involved at RFC in 1980 as a player but nowhere near good enough to get a game in the ones. Also have had some involvement at Eastern Ranges a few years ago - very interesting, especially to see some go on and others fall by the way side.

Would do anything to see the Tigers successful and playing at this time of year - think we are still a few years away from that but I think we are on the right track. With a bit more careful recruiting, trading and drafting who knows what might eventuate.

Tiger44

Welcome to PRE T44. 

Sounds like you got further than most of us as far as playing footy goes although Camperdown Magpies ladies team had a bit of presige back in my day.  ;D

Look forward to reading your comments.  Happy posting. :)

Hi 44

Welcome to PRE, believe me that it can be an addictive place to visit.

So am I right in guessing that you wore 44 at RFC??

Hi Tigerricho, no not no 44. Actually wore 39 (the coach's old number) with not much distinction I may add - unlike A Kellaway :)

i have to tell you that Andy Kellaway has always been one of my favorite players at Tigerland since I saw him play in the Reserves as a supp listed player, I was rapt when he was drafted and made a special trip to watch his first game with the Tiges.

I admire his courage and his defensive skills, and honestly believe that he has had to play as first and second defender for many years even though his skills really meant that he was never really meant to hold down a Key position.

A funny story Tigerricho, I was at the 'G watching the Tigers a few years ago and took my son (then about 5) to the toilet. He had (of course) his Tigers jumper on suitably adorned with No 3 (for Flea Weightman - but also D Kellaway). In the toilet this older chap said hello and asked if my son would like to go down to the Richmond rooms and meet Duncan because he had his son's number on (He was Duncan and Andrew's father). I replied that his son was wearing my number - and doing a much better job of it than I ever could have. Not sure if he ever understood but I thought it was pretty funny. He was a nice bloke just like his two sons.

Tiger44 said:
A funny story Tigerricho, I was at the 'G watching the Tigers a few years ago and took my son (then about 5) to the toilet. He had (of course) his Tigers jumper on suitably adorned with No 3 (for Flea Weightman - but also D Kellaway). In the toilet this older chap said hello and asked if my son would like to go down to the Richmond rooms and meet Duncan because he had his son's number on (He was Duncan and Andrew's father). I replied that his son was wearing my number - and doing a much better job of it than I ever could have. Not sure if he ever understood but I thought it was pretty funny. He was a nice bloke just like his two sons.
;D ;D

I had a similar "six degrees of seperation" with Marc Dragasevic's Dad in the Year he was drafted. Good Stuff.

the flea huh i got his autograph on my jumper now!!!! i didnt no him from a bar f soap but every 1 was in the line for his autograph so i thought why not