Hello from USA | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Hello from USA

UStiger

Tiger Cub
Nov 19, 2005
www.nctigers.com
Hello!

Thanks to Rosy23, I was introduced to PuntRoadEnd.com.  I am an Aussie Rules player (and club president) in North Carolina, USA.  Our team is the North Carolina Tigers, and naturally we pull for the Richmond Tigers.  As matter of fact, we used to play in their old wool jumpers.  I look forward to keeping an eye on this forum for footy news.

- Wes
www.nctigers.com

Welcome to PRE Wes. :)

I'm looking forward to hearing about Aussie Rules over there. When is your footy season?

Hey USTiger

Obviously living in NYC - home of team related to the absolute scum - the NY Magpies. I still haven't reconcilled myself with attending the GF party....

Welcome - there are other Nth American based Tiger supporters floating around on this forum..

UStiger said:
Hello!

Thanks to Rosy23, I was introduced to PuntRoadEnd.com.  I am an Aussie Rules player (and club president) in North Carolina, USA.  Our team is the North Carolina Tigers, and naturally we pull for the Richmond Tigers.  As matter of fact, we used to play in their old wool jumpers.  I look forward to keeping an eye on this forum for footy news.

- Wes
www.nctigers.com

Welcome UStiger, isn't it the American way to say that your team "roots" for the Richmond Tigers ? ;D

Good luck to the Tar Heels.

rosy23 said:
Welcome to PRE Wes.  :)

I'm looking forward to hearing about Aussie Rules over there.  When is your footy season?

Thanks.

Our season pretty much follows the AFL season.  Our team starts training in Febuary and has some intra-squad 9-a-side game is March and April.  Our regular season will be starting this year at the end of April with a home game againist the Balitimore/Washington DC Eagles.  The rest of our schedule is looking like: Philadelphia Hawks in NC; New York Magpies in NY, Boston Demons in NC, Flordia Redbacks in FL.  The end of season National Championship tournement is usually around Mid October.

Let me add that playing footy in the hot summers of the south is no pleasent experience.  Gametime temps are often in the 90s (deg. F).

Welcome UStiger, isn't it the American way to say that your team "roots" for the Richmond Tigers ? ;D

Good luck to the Tar Heels.

Thanks.

Yep, but I have never really like 'roots'.  It sounds kind of funny.  I think of a plant when I see root.

I have to add that when it comes to basketball, I am root for/barrack/cheer for the Duke Blue Devils.  :)

< Hello | G'day >