Hello, i'm new | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Hello, i'm new

J

jake_the_lad

Gday everyone,

At last I found somewhere to talk about the mighty tigers.

I'm from Brisbane, on uni hols and all, but whaddayaknow I was tied up for one of only about 2 saturdays all footy season and couldn't make it. Rushed home to see the last quarter and a half of a depressing but predictable game.

I've been lurking here for a couple of weeks. Here are my views on a few things.

*Give Danny until the end of his contract (end 2004?). Isn't that when Sheedy is out of contract. I don't think there is anyone else out there now who will do any better than Danny this or next season.

*Under no circumstances give away draft picks for mediocre mature squad players (eg. Biddiscombe, Houlihan).

*Keep Fiora for one more season, but give him a) 24 hour access to the Richmond gym b) a cow and c) a chainsaw. I'd hate to see him go somewhere else, bulk up and become a good player.

*Richo, well I am not sure. He is not the player he used to be, but pretty much all full-forwards are having more trouble kicking goals these days. I can't help but think that Stafford, a very part-time FF looks more dangerous up there. I think we should rotate Ottens/Stafford in the ruck, rest them at FF and play Richo accross HF and get him to lead up to about 80 m out.

Other than those, I'm not really too optimistic about the short and medium term prospects. It was said a few seasons ago that our good players aren't hard enough and our hard players aren't good enough. I think that is pretty much true, although Johnson and Coughlan are doing their best. We also have a lack of young talls, which are always getting harder to pick up in the draft. I think that who ever is calling the shots in recruiting, needs to take some responsibility for that. How many seasons did we go after a goalsneak?

mightytiges

The greatest Tiger of them all - Jack Dyer R.I.P.
Dec 16, 2002
Hiya jake and welcome to PRE :). First 20 mins was great before we fell away. The last quarter was forgetable footy.

I'm still optimistic about the short to medium term future even if this year is close to if not already a write off. The club's structure off-field appears to have finally come together this year and on-field we have the nucleus of a good side. It's up to the club at the end of the year to clean out the list of those not up to it and build a side through smart drafting and trading that will be a strong premiership threat in the next few years.

gustiger12

Its Tiger Time
Jan 22, 2003
www.thaigerpics.com
Hey Jake,

Welcome to PRE. I agree with MT. We need to do a bit of house keeping at years end and clean out a few players.

After tonight I would be going all our on JUDD and probably GUERRA or however you spell it.

We also need a tall defencder, but we have to be able to fund that first

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
jake_the_lad said:
*Keep Fiora for one more season, but give him a) 24 hour access to the Richmond gym b) a cow and c) a chainsaw. I'd hate to see him go somewhere else, bulk up and become a good player.

Gidday Jake, welcome aboard. :)

I'm really disappointed with Aaron's season. He looked lost at sea last night.
I really don't see him as a defensive backman though.
I wish he'd be given a spot to settle into where he can go forward and use his pace and skill on the run.
I'd like to see him on a wing or hbf.
I rate Aaron as a player and really hope he steps up soon.