Hello | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Hello

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Thought I'd do the formalities despite a couple of posts already. Mad Richmond supporter for about 39 of my 39 years now. Had no say in the matter if I wanted to live under my father's roof. Actually, our first house was in Richmond too.

Earliest memories are of the 73 Grand Final, though they are vague memories. Most memorable Tiger moment, other than thrashing the Pies in the '80 GF, is of Francis Bourke. Blood streaming down his face, got moved to the forward line where he duly marked and kicked a goal. My memory thinks it was a winning goal but that could just be the passages of time adding some artistic licence to the memory.

Living in Singapore at the moment so pretty starved of live AFL matches, though we get one game a week on ABC Asia Pacific. Let's hope this years there are more Tiges matches.

Baloo said:
Thought I'd do the formalities despite a couple of posts already.  Mad Richmond supporter for about 39 of my 39 years now.  Had no say in the matter if I wanted to live under my father's roof.  Actually, our first house was in Richmond too.

Earliest memories are of the 73 Grand Final, though they are vague memories.  Most memorable Tiger moment, other than thrashing the Pies in the '80 GF, is of Francis Bourke. Blood streaming down his face, got moved to the forward line where he duly marked and kicked a goal.  My memory thinks it was a winning goal but that could just be the passages of time adding some artistic licence to the memory.

Living in Singapore at the moment so pretty starved of live AFL matches, though we get one game a week on ABC Asia Pacific.  Let's hope this years there are more Tiges matches.
You and I have a few things in common, Baloo. Same age and had the same choice in who we supported, both parents were mad keen Richmond supporters so it was a case of follow the Tigers or pack my nappies and move out, not that I mindedwe were a powerhouse when I was a kid. I was also at the '73 GF and that match where Bourkey kicked the goal with blood streaming down his face, had to stop every couple of steps to wipe it out of his eyes, although it doesn't specifically state that it was the winning goal in Tigers of Old, it does say it was crucial and that would suggest that it was the match winner.
Welcome to PRE.