Help request for another poster | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Help request for another poster

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
I'm hoping someone has a suggestion to help out one of our fellow members.

He can login but when he goes to open a thread it says he's a guest so of course he can't post, then he goes back to the main board and it says he's logged in.

I am able to login and read threads and post using his username so I assume it's a problem on his computer.

I have Interent Explorer, but he uses Netscape.

I've suggested emptying the cache and restarting the computer but that didn't help. Have just suggested he do maintenance and see if defragging helps.

Any suggestions of settings he can check or any other solutions?

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Already tried that one alleycat, thanks. It's not a password thing cos I can login to the account using his password.

tiga

New RFC fitness regime under Wallace
Apr 28, 2003
Blue Mountains NSW
Rosy, Maybe it could be a caching issue. After he has logged in get him to try holding down the control button and clicking the refresh button of the browser. He may also be connecting via a proxy server that is not refreshing properly. It could also be a java problem so maybe installing java again may fix it.
Let me know how you go.