Herald/Sun - Newspapers charging for online content | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Herald/Sun - Newspapers charging for online content

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
craig said:
Same goes for The Australian and the Financial review.

The Hun lost my $$ the day they brought in this pay to view deal.

There wont be any printed papers one day in the future it will all be internet i reckon.

Sooner than you think Craigo.

Jason King

Forever the GOAT
Jul 19, 2007
Adelaide, South Australia
Total Tiger said:
Bugger, I came here hoping someone had worked out an easy way around the upgraded paywall. Oh well, to The Age it is, although they keep telling me to read something that I think says you'll pay soon too.

Anyone tried just deleting cookies from internet explorer (or whatever browser you use)?

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Streak said:
Would be interesting to know how many people are still using their website.

I used to be a daily viewer, but haven't been for at least a week.

I can still read/find most of the content and I haven't paid.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
I wonder if the H/S have changed their policy. I'm finding most articles open fully straight away now. Also I got the message about limited articles from The Age. I can still read the site without any limitations though.

Total Tiger

Tiger Champion
Apr 13, 2009
rosy23 said:
I wonder if the H/S have changed their policy. I'm finding most articles open fully straight away now. Also I got the message about limited articles from The Age. I can still read the site without any limitations though.

How often are you clicking on to a story? I'm not sure what the Herald Sun free allowance is before they cut you off as I'm not going there much anymore but I haven't hit the 20 yet for The Age

Total Tiger

Tiger Champion
Apr 13, 2009
LeeToRainesToRoach said:
As posted by Tiger Pops, replace "heraldsun" in the URL with "news" and voila!

That seriously works. A bit fiddly but you get to read what you want :)

rokin.tiger

Tiger Champion
Apr 8, 2007
Punt Road
I used to be a daily HS visitor now news.com.au visitor. Almost the same content, just head to Sport/AFL and most of the locked HS articles should be fine to read on there...

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Judging by the new multi-font, faux magazine style layout, they're trying to kill off the HS newspaper. It's practically indistinguishable from that free thing they hand out in the afternoons. Do they assume their readers have short attention spans, or are they attempting to distract from the quality of the content? Will pay the extra and put up with The Age's leftist leanings before purchasing this classless shitrag again.

Rantnrave

Tiger Legend
May 6, 2008
Utter Rupert Murdoch propanda machine .. A disgrace .. I wouldn't. Give that garbage a cent of my money
Or a minute of my time .. It's now irrelevant as you can get better , politically unbiased , news for free anyway