Herald/Sun - Newspapers charging for online content | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Herald/Sun - Newspapers charging for online content

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Ian4 said:
lol, just lol. they have been right wing populist for a while now and haven't been shy in admitting it

Every time I go to the website there are 2-3 headlines deriding Trump. You are a loooooong way to the left if you think The Age is right wing.

If we have a centrist publication it's The Australian. And the centre never wins, just ask the Democrats.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
LeeToRainesToRoach said:
Every time I go to the website there are 2-3 headlines deriding Trump.

See, that proves they are centre right. A left wing rag would have a dozen or so Trump headlines. An extreme left wing rag would have already created a special "Trump" section just after Politics and before World News

IanG

Tiger Legend
Sep 27, 2004
Melbourne
LeeToRainesToRoach said:
Every time I go to the website there are 2-3 headlines deriding Trump. You are a loooooong way to the left if you think The Age is right wing.

If we have a centrist publication it's The Australian. And the centre never wins, just ask the Democrats.

That just demonstrates how far to the right you are.

As for criticising Trump being an indication of being left wing, the vast majority of centre right people I know (which includes 1 Newscorp journo) are totally against Trump.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
IanG said:
That just demonstrates how far to the right you are.

As for criticising Trump being an indication of being left wing, the vast majority of centre right people I know (which includes 1 Newscorp journo) are totally against Trump.

Criticism of Trump goes beyond Left and Right. It's more like parents responding to a three year old dumping its spaghetti over its own head then throwing itself into the floor and screaming while crapping its pants.

Exasperated incredulity really.

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
LeeToRainesToRoach said:
:hihi :hihi :hihi

the paper that has a climate change denier as its environment editor is a centrist publication?

:hihi :hihi :hihi

at least the Oz is a proper news paper. the Hun is just a news corp propaganda rag.

IanG

Tiger Legend
Sep 27, 2004
Melbourne
antman said:
Criticism of Trump goes beyond Left and Right. It's more like parents responding to a three year old dumping its spaghetti over its own head then throwing itself into the floor and screaming while crapping its pants.

Exasperated incredulity really.

Yep I'm actually getting so tired of the left vs right labels. Its more complex than that and anyone who still thinks in those terms can be immediately dismissed as lacking credibility on either side.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
IanG said:
Yep I'm actually getting so tired of the left vs right labels. Its more complex than that and anyone who still thinks in those terms can be immediately dismissed as lacking credibility on either side.

I think there are still left and right issues - labour disputes, public health support, minimum wage etc but many other things don't fit any more. Environment-many conservatives are as concerned about this as well as lefties. Social policies, drugs, net neutrality, post industrial work patterns, all seem to require new approaches to politics.

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
antman said:
Great writer. I'm sure he'll keep writing in other forums though.

I hope He will.. But I did get a little weary of his formula at times. Tasmanian, Irish, Indigenous ...if you were one of them there was a good chance he would write a column about how wise, worldly, human you were.

But the pity of loss of papers is having to find where he goes ..and while it might be easy enough to track him who is going to nurture and promote the next Martin Flanagan or Greg Baum or Caro. Simply being able to publish on line is not the same as having the resources and security of an institution to let you get on with quality work.