Heritage jumpers on e-bay | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Heritage jumpers on e-bay

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
The jumpers from last weeks game are available on e-bay now.
Starting price is $500. There have already been bids for Chaff and Joels.
Why do they always put things out of the reach of the common fans.
If they had the normal $150 reserve popularity could easily push them over $500 but at least the people without that kind of money to spare could be in it for a while.
Who knows, some jumpers might have been unpopular anyway and someone might have picked up one a lot cheaper than $500.

Koalalill

Just looking for someone else to curse!
Dec 17, 2002
RFC not KFC said:
Good to see Joel has a spare $500.00 bucks.

If it aint Joel - I know who it would be. The woman who sits 3 rows in front of me at the MCG - just loves him.

She's given us the "bird" on numerous occassions - she gives us great entertainment.

On a more serious note - I was prepared to fork out some dough on one of these ugly jumpers as a momento - sorry RFC I am not bidding at those prices.

I was on the Port Adelaide site yesterday. Bidding on their jumpers started at $0.01 - I kid you not. Are you listening RFC

Chad Cornes' jumper was up around the $2000.00 mark - amazing

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
I read we only had 40 made whereas other clubs had a couple of hundred. The players would have to bid if they wanted their own I spose so it could well have been Joel. ;)

DragicevicFan

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2002
Melbourne
I was also going to try and buy one of the jumpers, even though i thought they looked terrible, have bought a few from the club on Ebay previously, but for the bidding to start at $500 puts them out of reach for the common fan.

Who would pay $500 for Fleming's jumper??

In other Ebay news, Wanganeens jumper is over $4000

jackstar

Tiger Matchwinner
Jul 5, 2003
Why would anyone besides Joel want to by his jumper.?Didnt get a kick in the last quarter, Ahhh Thats right, he buys all his jumpers from the games he's under performed in, he must have a wardrobe full of Jumpers.

nwonash

Tiger Champion
Aug 10, 2003
Melbourne
Really, why would anyone want a Heritage jumper anyway ?
We got belted in our worse performance of the year (to date). Why would someone want such a jumper to remind them of such a gutless performance.

shawry

Tiger Legend
Apr 14, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
Good point nwonash. Plus they looked *smile* too. MAkes a bad combination. Maybe just a way of trying to get money back from the palyers for their *smile* peerformances by making them buy them back if they want them.

RFC not KFC

Tiger Superstar
May 2, 2003
The Richmond Football Club should buy one, hang it on the wall of the changing rooms to remind the players of their pathetic efforts on Saturday night. Actually they should buy 2 and give the other one to Dopey Danny as a farewell gift.

RazorBoy

Just waitin' for the next premiership
Apr 18, 2003
Geez, they should just light a fire and make a bonfire out of the lot of them. Who would ever want to be reminded of that game - it was an embarassment to watch it.

rosy3 said:
If you reckon those prices are bad Rosy - it peanuts compared to what they want for the new release car number plates.
$7000 for richo's number, $3000 for a couple of other popular numbers (cant remember which, but 17 is probably one of them), $1000 for other numbers up to about 50, then a paltry $700 for the rest up to 800. Oh, and if you want a premiership year - I think they are going onto ebay. :-\

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Something that really annoys me about Richmond is how they cater for the elite.

Laff might drive around with Richo numberplates while wearing a heritage jumper, but the club put these things out of reach of the ordinary fan.

I understand they want to make money, but they should also do things for the general members too.

I wonder how the $70 pies tasted. :mad:

g0tigers

carn the mighty tiges
Jun 16, 2003
Victoria, Australia
i agree rosy 100%. Ive complained about the prices before i.e the price of the richmond clinc compared to hawks one. i think it was you i was having the coversation with??

The prices are totally out of control....

Maybe they are trying to get more money to pay out dannys contract? ::)

nwonash

Tiger Champion
Aug 10, 2003
Melbourne
It's a business and they try to raise as much as possible.
I totally agree, the club should cater for the people whom are the true supporters of the club and cheer them on each week. Have something people are able to afford.

What really sickens me, is that Richmond ever make a grand final in the future, it's going to be near impossible to purchase a ticket.

Football has become a corperate game catering only for the rich and not the root supporters.

nwonash

Tiger Champion
Aug 10, 2003
Melbourne
Here's the update what Heritage Jumpers currently have what on it as at 9.30pm 13/8/03

Wanganeen - $5456.06 (lets not leave out the cents)
Crawford - $5400
Trederea - $3200
Pickett - $2800
Pavlick - $1075
Bell - $1045
Mitchell (sam) - $1025

All Port Adelaide jumpers are over $1000.

Okay, as of Richmond

Coughlan - $520 (the highest)
A few have $500 and some no bids.

I cant believe (apart from Cogs jumper) why anyone would want to remember such a belting.

Western Bulldogs started the bidding at $1.00
At least most their players (if not all) have bids on them.

zacs56

Watch out, the Tigers are coming to get you!
Mar 31, 2003
Tiges4ever said:
Geez, they should just light a fire and make a bonfire out of the lot of them. Who would ever want to be reminded of that game - it was an embarassment to watch it.

rosy3 said:
If you reckon those prices are bad Rosy - it peanuts compared to what they want for the new release car number plates.
$7000 for richo's number, $3000 for a couple of other popular numbers (cant remember which, but 17 is probably one of them), $1000 for other numbers up to about 50, then a paltry $700 for the rest up to 800. Oh, and if you want a premiership year - I think they are going onto ebay. :-\
and a hefty parking find to watch the boys train ,so it pays to be a paid up member. Ah well we will be all just working to support our habit, which is being a R.F.C loyal supporter to watch all the duds just run around and waste our money :'( :'( :'( :'(