Hey Harry | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Hey Harry

A

admin

:) :D ;D
Just sounds like you need a smile.....or a tigers premiership.
Youl'll just have to wait 6 months for that though.
Go Tiges.

A

admin

This board is so funny lately. :rollin
Geez, the season hasn't even started yet and there's so much negativity and bagging happening.
Some of the people posting make Diggles seem like a happy-go-lucky, life of the party kinda guy.  ;D
Wouldn't it be a novel idea to see how the team performs before they are bagged so mercilessly?

(p.s. this isn't aimed at Harry, just seemed as good a thread as any to post on. :) )

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
I love the tigers, however I beleive I'm harsh but fair. These negative comments have been made because some of us know what the team is capable of (or incapable of) regardless of whether the season has started or not.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
I remember saying Daffy was a hack back in 97. The worst player in the league. The most overated player of all time. However alot of tiger supporters were defending him at the time. I was calling for his trade back then when we could have got a great deal. But no, the rfc brains trust sought to keep him and it came back to bite us in the behind. Sometimes you need to nip it in the bud immediately and make the harsh decision early on. Thats assuming rfc have the nous to see whats coming.

TigerFurious

Smooth
Dec 17, 2002
I remember saying Daffy was a hack back in 97.  The worst player in the league.  The most overated player of all time.  However alot of tiger supporters were defending him at the time.  I was calling for his trade back then when we could have got a great deal.  But no, the rfc brains trust sought to keep him and it came back to bite us in the behind.  Sometimes you need to nip it in the bud immediately and make the harsh decision early on.  Thats assuming rfc have the nous to see whats coming.

I think you just shot yourself in the foot there Harry.

In 98' Daffy had over 500 disposals, kicked 30 goals and won the B&F.

IMHO the club made two mistakes in regard to Daffy. One, was giving a player with such an inconsistant history such a lucrative long term deal and two, the one that really hurts, was Frawley backing out of a deal to trade Daffy to Hawthorn in 2000.

diggler

The Tigers Spine
Dec 18, 2002
And I used to think I was the only one with my opinions on some of the useless duds on our list masquerading as AFL footballers;D

Mikee

Will we ever get there?
Feb 21, 2003
Melbourne
Ayde be

Naish, snapshot by Naish is coming around, it's a goal!!!

Daffy wasn't a bad player - he was just playing in the wrong era and the wrong competition. If he was playing in 1963 with the Box Hill Hawks, he may have got a 'deserved' best and fairest or at worst, top 3!!!