Hi fellow Tigers | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Hi fellow Tigers

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
G'day all

Have made a few posts in the past few days but should have started here.

Saw my first match in '77 (against Collingwood, 90,000+ at the MCG) and have hardly missed a (Victorian) game since then (2 since 1989). Would probably still go to see Richmond play if they changed the rules to ban picking the ball up! Was there of course in 1980 but the memories are growing a little dimmer than I'd like. Roachy was my childhood hero and a more modest champion you'd never find.

Out of consideration for their sensibilities, women and children should remain out of earshot at the game as the passion often gets the better of me and to my eternal shame I tend to veer to the profane in my barracking. 30 minutes after the siren I regain my generally reserved, quietly-spoken demeanour - kind of a supporter's white-line fever I suppose.

Was prompted to visit this site by our recent good form - am more confident than ever that we are heading out of the wilderness and that this isn't another false dawn (as in '85, '88, '95, '96, '98, '00, '01 & '05). Enjoy reading the comments of other posters and as an IT professional I reckon PRE is a terrific site - works flawlessly and I look forward to travelling its many unexplored byways in coming weeks.

Reactions: 1 user
A belated welcome to PRE LRR. :)

It's certainly a lot more pleasant around here when the Tiges are in good form. I reckon we've got some good times ahead.

Reading the description of you at the game I think I must sit near you. ;D I've got to admit I make a bit more noise during a game, or even watching live on telly, than I do in real life too. :-[

I think there's a few of us who get a little vocal at the games. ;D

Welcome to PRE LeetoRainestoRoach (what a beaut name). :)

Tigers of Old said:
Anyone who salutes Bon is welcome here.

I too love the name. L2R2R.

Thanks

Bon has been rotated in favour of the 1980 GF Football Record. Hoping to double my collection of Richmond winning GF Records soon.