Hilton.. whats going on?? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Hilton.. whats going on??

Tigerdog

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
What is the story with Rory? He played well in the first 2 games from memory but his last 2 or 3 have been very ordinary.... anyone got any explanations?

mightytiges

The greatest Tiger of them all - Jack Dyer R.I.P.
Dec 16, 2002
He shouldn't have been played on Hamill (that job should have gone to Ty). To big for him which meant he kept giving frees away or easy marks on goal. I wonder if he lost a bit of confidence from that. He plays well when he throws his weight around. Maybe in that department he has dropped off. Would have to check some stats on that.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
He's been played on and off the bench too much IMO. Also he is being played all over the ground and can't settle into one position. Along with this he is been given tagging roles which doesn't suit him. I say leave him in one position with a licence to run and create.

Tigerdog

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
In the pre-season some people talked him up as a potential half-back flanker but I queried the defensive accountable side of his game(always have, still do) but lots of people disagreed.............IMO this year has again shown that his defensive game is ordinary. So where to play him? Wing, half forward flank??

PMac

This sure beats workin'
Dec 17, 2002
Sydney
Statisically Rory is running at about 2 disposals a game under his par and about 6 a game beneath his best year. However, apart from numbers his impact has certainly dropped off.

I wonder if Rory's simply suffering from our improvement if that makes sense.

But with the addition of Johnson, the resurgence (if thats not to strong) of Cameron and Chaffey, increased input from Houlihan, the continuing development of *smile* and Rodan, the recent emergence of Newman as a regular and some nice work from Fleming opportunities for Rory have dried up a little.

Basically as the team improves guys like Rory have to improve or they'll go backwards wrt the guys around them.

PS. I reakon Fiora is in a similar boat. Towards the end of last year Fiora was running in the high teens for disposals, he's dropping back into the low teens this year. Hopefully he'll realise this year talent isnt enough, he has to work harder. I reakon he could be a Travis Johnson quality player but he has to work.

PPS. Pettifer is going nowhere at the moment, and hasnt got the attitude to change.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Pettifer, Fiora, Hilton and Rogers are really struggling and are not pulling their weight. As long as Frawely keeps rewarding them with naming them in the team then they will continue to be passangers.

iLoVeNeWmAn

RFC - can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em
Apr 15, 2003
www.abcsports.com.au
I agree with playing Rory on a wing with an attacking role. He knows how to kick a goal, has good stamina and can take a strong grab.

IMO he will gain confidence a lot quicker as an attacking player, rather than playing in a defensive or a tagging role.

I think he is the genuine article, just a little confused with all the positional changes he's been given of late. 5 - 6 games under his belt in the same position will prove just what the doctor ordered.

P.S. I love Newman :eek: