Hit 'em hard, hit 'em low and don't hang round. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Hit 'em hard, hit 'em low and don't hang round.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
It's good the tribunal said they didn't think Staff's actions were negligent, reckless or intentional cos hopefully he won't have to curb his playing style too much.
He sometimes looks as though he's been on the angry pills, but I didn't think that was the case on Saturday.
Anyway I reckon it's pretty good to fianlly have a player who'll make the opposition think twice.
It's about time we had a couple of enforcers in our team.
Just remember to keep ya eyes on the ball Greg, and anyone who gets in the way had better duck, ha.
Time for a Power Blackout.
Bring it on. ;D

Whoops, don't be mislead by the title of this thread to think I condone violence on the field.
Toughness and play within the rules has been sadly lacking for the Tiges in recent years imo and I think unless you have it the team gets dominated too easily by certain teams.
I see our added toughness in the side as a positive step towards future success.

The good thing is that most players will now be wary of Stafford in much the same way as they were with Lockett or Glen Archer or even Barry Hall. Doesn't matter that none of these players have done anything bad for a few years - they still had (have) the intimidatory presence about them.

All we need is for Fleming, Coughlan and Zantuck to clean up a few as well (make sure you don't get reported Cogs - we need you to win the Brownlow) to have ourselves as a genuinely feared outfit!