Homecoming Hero | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Homecoming Hero

achillesjones

"just kick it to Royce"
Apr 19, 2004
16 a side and problem solved. We can go back to high scoring games with the glamour forwards

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
Fabulous player was Michael Pickering a real shining light.

Was never the same after he got sniped by Geoff Miles right in front of me in the forward pocket against the West Coast Eagles at VFL Park.
Scum act. Miles either came from or went to Scumwood. Not fit to tie Pickerings laces. It's no exaggeration to say Pickering was never as good afterwards. At best 80% of is peak.

Nico

You psychopathological reactionary!
Jul 1, 2004
Melbourne
Michael Pickering was a brilliant mark, was like he had glue on his hands.

Pickers and I did the same degree at uni, and I got to know him quite well. One of the nicest guys you'd ever want to meet. Met up with him and Justin before the 2017 GF, and we walked to the ground together. Certainly didn't want to be traded to Melbourne, but copped it on the chin.

Has always been a Tiger, and thoroughly deserves being a Homecoming Hero

Reactions: 4 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Michael Pickering was a brilliant mark, was like he had glue on his hands.

Pickers and I did the same degree at uni, and I got to know him quite well. One of the nicest guys you'd ever want to meet. Met up with him and Justin before the 2017 GF, and we walked to the ground together. Certainly didn't want to be traded to Melbourne, but copped it on the chin.

Has always been a Tiger, and thoroughly deserves being a Homecoming Hero

He is a Hero.
Hope he gets a great welcome back.

Struggletown

Tiger Cub
Aug 17, 2019
Scum act. Miles either came from or went to Scumwood. Not fit to tie Pickerings laces. It's no exaggeration to say Pickering was never as good afterwards. At best 80% of is peak.
He came from my local club to Collingwood to Claremont to WCE and ended up at Geelong at the end.
Dare I say he’s a great fella as well

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
He came from my local club to Collingwood to Claremont to WCE and ended up at Geelong at the end.
Dare I say he’s a great fella as well

I am sure he is..... we tell blues fans that Balmey is a top bloke too. Generally we know only the acts. As for Miles that is a real journey man career, but ended up playing in a GF in his last game...had to look that up and in doing so noted he didn't have one stat in that game...injured early?