Honey for sale. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Honey for sale.

BalmyArmy

Tiger Superstar
Jul 15, 2003
Melbourne
I am doing a favour for my Mum. Aren't I nice?

My Mum is a registered Bee-keeper in the Eastern Suburbs, and the Honey Season has just begun.

If anyone is interested in 100% pure honey, we are selling it for $2.00 per 250grams. If you live in the area of Knox, or work locally, it is well worth it. Tastes much better than the filtered stuff you buy in shops. If you are interested please pm, and we can either arrange pick up or delivery.

Added bonus.... You will get to meet the amazing Balmyarmy.

tiggytam

Welcome to Tigerland
May 1, 2003
Melbourne
I just bought a 500g jar of Tassie Leatherwood Honey, absolutely yummo ;D I will be eating it until the cows come home :spin

How long does the honey season last, and what type of honey is it.

BalmyArmy

Tiger Superstar
Jul 15, 2003
Melbourne
Tiggytam said:
How long does the honey season last, and what type of honey is it.

Generally honey can be gathered all year round, but as my Mum is a private keeper, as opposed to commercial, she basically extracts her honey in the warmer months.

It doesn't specifically have a type label, as it's not commercial. Raw natural honey from private bee-keepers tend to call it "Urban".

BalmyArmy

Tiger Superstar
Jul 15, 2003
Melbourne
geoffryprettyboy said:
How long can you store fresh honey?

Honey doesn't go off. It will crystalise after time without being stirred or opened, and you'll find the stuff you buy in the shops will crystalise after a longer period of time than natural honey. Having said that, the main difference between natural honey from a smaller scale bee keeper, and that of a mass scale one, is that the honey you buy in supermarkets from mass scale suppliers filter theirs a hell of a lot more.

Say for example my Mums honey crystalises in 8 weeks time.... It is because it is purer, and hasn't been filtered over and over again. If ever your honey does crystalise, the easiest way to get it runny again is to put the jar in a pot of slowly boiling water and allow the honey to "melt". Make sure the lid is off the honey though.

tiggytam

Welcome to Tigerland
May 1, 2003
Melbourne
Thanks Balmy, depends on how long it takes me to eat my latest batch but I probably would be interested in purchasing some, I will check with you on the state of the honey season when I need to purchase some more  :)