Hot weather | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Hot weather

tigerdave

Ya just gotta stand in line
Feb 1, 2006
tigertim said:
Evap coolers, from my experience with them you may as well go and turn the heater on.

Had a ducted splitty put in last summer.Best money ever spent!!

Couldn't wait to push the swampy off the roof!

46 here today.Average temp for the past month has been 39.1

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
taztiger4 said:
no good if its humid , but they will drop ambient temp around 8 deg
Yep, no good if it’s humid or really hot (which is pretty much when you need them) but yeah they’ll drop the temp when it’s “warmish”.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Yep feeling pretty lucky today working at the tip, if it wasn’t for every single one of the 200 customers telling me it’s “*smile* hot” I probably wouldn’t have noticed considering I’m in full head to toe “sun protective” clothing ........problem will be solved in 26 minutes

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
tigertim said:
Evap coolers, from my experience with them you may as well go and turn the heater on.

Correct. Last 2 places I've lived have them. Complete waste of time.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
LeeToRainesToRoach said:
It's a pleasure to walk city streets without beggars blocking your path. Obviously they're not as needy on hot days.

They're not working today. Public holiday.

Ian4 said:
stay cool everyone. beer o'clock isn't far away.

Slept just 2 hours last night didn't get under 30deg.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Another sensational day in Perth 8-

http://www.bom.gov.au/wa/observations/perth.shtml?ref=hdr

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
DjJazzyPete said:
another day think its the 5th day in the 40s here in Nata Botswana :) more to come

How do you all survive? The older I'm getting the harder it's becoming to cope with heat. I seriously want to move down to the south-est part of Tassie.

DjJazzyPete

Tiger Matchwinner
Sep 8, 2014
Nata , Botswana
TigerForce said:
How do you all survive? The older I'm getting the harder it's becoming to cope with heat. I seriously want to move down to the south-est part of Tassie.
dont mind the heat its the cold that knocks me off was in Melbounre in July / August 2018 the wind /the cold it was hard . Yeah but is way hot here from Oct to now its been over 35 most days , but were inland so its a dry heat . ( btw were around the same latitude as Townsville in Nata )

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Another week in the furnace while the grass tries to go white.

and again....

Forgot what rain looks like.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
TigerForce said:
Another week in the furnace while the grass tries to go white.

Yep, and I have been trying to re-grow my lawn now I have water tanks. They're almost empty now and the rain keeps missing my suburb :mad:

DS

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
LeeToRainesToRoach said:
It's a pleasure to walk city streets without beggars blocking your path. Obviously they're not as needy on hot days.

Suspicion confirmed.

Dozens of fake beggars charged as police reveal core posse lives in houses and owns cars (paywalled)

Police have busted a group of fake homeless beggars who drive into the city from their homes to take money from Melburnians and visitors.

A core posse of professional beggars embarking on daily sprees were identified during a recent crackdown in the CBD.

fastin bulbous

Tiger Champion
Mar 30, 2010
Darwin
We should tattoo them all with bar codes and put them all to work in chain gangs until we can work out a final solution. As a nation, we have the brain power to work it out I’m sure. It’d sure beat thinking about how to unfuck the planet

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
fastin bulbous said:
We should tattoo them all with bar codes and put them all to work in chain gangs until we can work out a final solution. As a nation, we have the brain power to work it out I’m sure. It’d sure beat thinking about how to un*smile* the planet

Hey, I was doing you a favour. Now you can save your money and buy a newspaper instead.