Hot weather | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Hot weather

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
TigerForce said:
Another week in the furnace while the grass tries to go white.

and again....

Forgot what rain looks like.

Might move to Qld or Tassie. I can't hack this continuous heat anymore (warm winters included)

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
TigerForce said:
and again....

Forgot what rain looks like.

Might move to Qld or Tassie. I can't hack this continuous heat anymore (warm winters included)

February has been very mild IMO in Melb. Not much rain but not hot. Only a few days in the pool. Looking forward to a few 30's.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
MD Jazz said:
February has been very mild IMO in Melb. Not much rain but not hot. Only a few days in the pool. Looking forward to a few 30's.

It's been terribly dry for the last 18 months or so. Even mid 20s gets too hot now (steering wheel says it all). Northern suburbs in Melbourne don't get seabreezes and I wake up to still air every morning including winter (frost). Feels like Saudi Arabia up here.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
MD Jazz said:
Agree, as someone who loves a hot summer the last 3 weeks have been disappointing

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
DavidSSS said:
Could do with some rain, tanks are empty and garden is suffering.

DS

Agree David. Grass is all dry and white-ish now. I feel sorry for the farmers.

I wonder how hard the G (even Kardinia Park) might be even at season start. Hopefully no-one cops a knee injury because of this.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
TigerForce said:
I wonder how hard the G (even Kardinia Park) might be even at season start. Hopefully no-one cops a knee injury because of this.

As an old bloke still playing cricket who has sailed through the season virtually niggle-free, I've pulled up insanely sore the past couple of weeks for no other apparent reason than hard grounds.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
LeeToRainesToRoach said:
As an old bloke still playing cricket who has sailed through the season virtually niggle-free, I've pulled up insanely sore the past couple of weeks for no other apparent reason than hard grounds.
Not good LTRTR.

Why do we and Adelaide always cop the *smile* from these fat-arse high pressure systems lazing about in the Tasman for days?

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
TigerForce said:
Agree David. Grass is all dry and white-ish now. I feel sorry for the farmers.

Yeah, I reckon the farmers would be suffering at the moment. I don't tend to use mains water for the garden but we are having a slight exception at the moment for the plants we recently bought.

The grounds would be watered but they're still going to be damned hard with the lack of rain at the moment.

Still no rain forecast.

DS

YinnarTiger

Tiger Legend
May 2, 2007
Gippsland
TigerForce said:
How's Yin going down in Gippsland with these terrible bushfires?
As mentioned in the JLT thread we have favoured discretion following a kind offer from my daughter to put a few more kilometres between us and the fire for a few days.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
I live in Drybourne, Victoria, Saudi Australia.

Get ready for this folks. John Dumby's love machine:

https://www.news.com.au/national/breaking-news/vic-dry-resorting-to-desalinated-water/news-story/ec9f911c77a0f05ae2345340d3909d93