Hot weather | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Hot weather

tigerdave

Ya just gotta stand in line
Feb 1, 2006
How's everyone coping with the heat?

We've had a week of 38- 45 so far here in Broken Hill and there's no relief coming in the next few day's. :fire :fire

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
tigerdave said:

We've had a week of 38- 45 so far here in Broken Hill and there's no relief coming in the next few day's. :fire :fire

That's what happens when you live on the border of Central Australia. ;D

I don't know how people survive this air. Even Streak would've copped the WA heatwave recently.

I hate hot days especially in heatwaves.

I couldn't sleep two nights ago as it was still 33deg in the north of Melbourne at 2.00am until the cool change arrived.

tigerdave

Feb 1, 2006
TigerForce said:
That's what happens when you live on the border of Central Australia. ;D

I don't know how people survive this air. Even Streak would've copped the WA heatwave recently.

I hate hot days especially in heatwaves.

I couldn't sleep two nights ago as it was still 33deg in the north of Melbourne until the cool change arrived.

True,but we're used to it out here.Doesn't help when you have power outage's as well.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
tigerdave said:
True,but we're used to it out here.Doesn't help when you have power outage's as well.

I can cope through the day but trying to sleep at night is the worst for me.

Good luck dave. It's a huge High over central Australia that refuses to move. Even Tassie copped a 40+ day which is rare.

I hope we don't go back to El Nino droughts again.

tigerdave

Feb 1, 2006
TigerForce said:

Good luck dave. It's a huge High over central Australia that refuses to move. Even Tassie copped a 40+ day which is rare.

Cheers TF,plenty of beer to help rehydrate! ;D

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Jukes Extended said:
Harden up....this is summer ;D

I'd rather be watching Kansas City Chiefs live at their stadium in -2 deg than sit here typing during 40 deg heat. ;D

RfC77

Ju-87 : The original TANK buster
Jun 23, 2004
Narre Warren
TigerForce said:

Usually it happens in cycles but over the past 30 years the drought periods are definitely getting longer with fewer wet spells.. I feel that we're already headed back into drought conditions with very little warning.
As for keeping cool, I did hear a good idea on the radio.. A caller (who does medieval re-enactments) spoke about deep-freezing his chain-mail suit for a day or so then putting it on.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
RfC77 said:
Usually it happens in cycles but over the past 30 years the drought periods are definitely getting longer with fewer wet spells.. I feel that we're already headed back into drought conditions with very little warning.

They're calling it 'hot spells' at the moment and I suppose it depends on what happens during winter to see if El Nino starts again. The grass is going brown again.

RfC77

Ju-87 : The original TANK buster
Jun 23, 2004
Narre Warren
TigerForce said:
They're calling it 'hot spells' at the moment and I suppose it depends on what happens during winter to see if El Nino starts again. The grass is going brown again.

Either the HS or BOM mentioned something called an anti-cyclone over central OZ which is keeping cold fronts from the southern ocean well south of the continent. Early last year, temperature readings in the Indian Ocean indicated that it was 50/50 chance that El Nino will return this year. As i'm down at the creek fishing every few days I note the changes which have occurred both in the past and the present (ie flora & fauna) and by the looks of things we're headed into drought.

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
tigerdave said:

Toughen up ya big sook. It must be real hard working in an air conditioned office. :nopity
You should try working outside in the heat, but that's the lot for some of us "old timers" eh? :tumbleweed
Just need plenty of h2o to go with a couple of :beer ;D

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
RfC77 said:
Either the HS or BOM mentioned something called an anti-cyclone over central OZ which is keeping cold fronts from the southern ocean well south of the continent. Early last year, temperature readings in the Indian Ocean indicated that it was 50/50 chance that El Nino will return this year. As i'm down at the creek fishing every few days I note the changes which have occurred both in the past and the present (ie flora & fauna) and by the looks of things we're headed into drought.
I read that but what's an 'anti-cyclone'?

tigerdave

Feb 1, 2006
willo said:
Toughen up ya big sook. It must be real hard working in an air conditioned office. :nopity
You should try working outside in the heat, but that's the lot for some of us "old timers" eh? :tumbleweed
Just need plenty of h2o to go with a couple of :beer ;D

:hihi Good one! Just cooked a bbq and lost 5 kilo's in the process.

BluesBloke

Tiger Superstar
Mar 15, 2012
Anyone who works in an office has no right to complain about working on these hot days. No right whatsoever. I work outside like a few PREnders, not looking forward to this week. Friday was certainly a pain. :cutelaugh

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
tigerdave said:
:hihi Good one! Just cooked a bbq and lost 5 kilo's in the process.

Just have a dozen frothies to wash it down then. You'll be back to your fighting weight in no time ;D
ps, make sure you have a glass of water or 3

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
I love the heat, it's what summer is all about. I have a pool so it's swim, drink, read, sun bake, watch a bit of cricket then repeat.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Lightweights. If it ever gets below 26c here at night we turn the heaters on.