Houli | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • If you are having trouble logging in to the forum please contact admin@puntroadend.com // When reseting your password or awaiting confirmation please check your junk/spam emails.
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Houli

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
A big rumour is Houli will retire regardless if the season starts this year.
Sad news if true

momentai

Tiger Champion
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
Very sad again if true. He has been great both on and off the field. We have plenty of great leaders but you get the sense that he is respected by all.

Reactions: 1 users

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
He gave the impression at the end of last year that he is a year to year proposition. If he does retire, he can do so proudly and will always be fondly remembered at Tigerland.

Reactions: 2 users

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
I suspect this period of inactivity will be leaving our older players vulnerable to losing that extra fitness level required to play at the top level

tigerman

Nank should grow a mullet.
Mar 17, 2003
How good was Bachar in a our 2 grand final wins. Whenever he does retire he should be remembered as a Richmond great.

• Love
Reactions: 6 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
I dare say he was going to retire at seasons end regardless.

The shame is we are losing a season where we may ......we may have been able to snatch another Flag.

The Big Richo

Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
I suspect this period of inactivity will be leaving our older players vulnerable to losing that extra fitness level required to play at the top level
It's actually generally the opposite.

The more training years you have under your belt, the longer you maintain fitness and the quicker you regain fitness.

With the older guys it is more about managing their loads to prevent injury risk, the younger guys are more at risk of losing condition.

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012

The shame is we are losing a season where we may ......we may have been able to snatch another Flag.
I was very confident at season' start that it would be B2B this year.
It was going to be up to another side to snatch this year's flag from the Tigers ans I couldn't see it happening.
2020 may still be a goer but there's a way to go before footy kicks off again, I reckon.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004

We have been bent over in every possible way.
Rule changes, flken virus, players retiring.
Why didn't this happen in 1989 or 2010?

TOT70

I'm just a suburban boy
Jul 27, 2004
Melbourne

You know what ,Zips, I have been thinking exactly the same thing for weeks. I would gladly have seen the AFL abandoned any year between 1984 and 1994 or any year between 2002 and 2012. I would gladly have not gone to the footy for a whole year then.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
You know what ,Zips, I have been thinking exactly the same thing for weeks. I would gladly have seen the AFL abandoned any year between 1984 and 1994 or any year between 2002 and 2012. I would gladly have not gone to the footy for a whole year then.
Yep.
How about all the new rules they have introduced in the last 3 years.
The only new rules i can remember when we were shiitt were "hands in the back" & the 'sliding" rule.

tigerman

Nank should grow a mullet.
Mar 17, 2003
Yep.

The only new rules i can remember when we were shiitt were "hands in the back" & the 'sliding" rule.
Yes, who can ever forget the Richo rule when we were cheated out of winning that Dreamtime game, ****** hands in the back my arse.

Reactions: 2 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Superstar
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
How good was Bachar in a our 2 grand final wins. Whenever he does retire he should be remembered as a Richmond great.
Too right, he really turned it on when it mattered most, especially in 2017 when he was brilliant in the first half when it was up for grabs.

Comes across as a great human being too.

DS

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
We'll never win 3 premierships with players like Houli in the team.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 6 users

daniel30

Tiger Rookie
Jun 14, 2010
Arguably our best player in both GF on par with Dusty always a big match player.

Reactions: 1 user

Dont Argue

Tiger Superstar
Jun 26, 2018
I initially thought the same.
That we were most affected by the lost season.
Then someone reminded me that if it had happened 10 years ago, we’d probably have been the first club to fold.
Money in the bank is as good as a Premiership at the moment.

Reactions: 4 users