House Training | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

House Training

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
Since further lockdowns are inevitable, let’s look at China, where the next measures included:

- road blocks
- suburbs blocked off
- locked in your house (get 1 ticket every couple of days to leave and get groceries)

We know this is likely to happen here. If house lockdown lasts for 1 month, how can the club adapt?

If house lockdown lasts for 2 months, how can the club adapt?

This will be a crazy time for all of us, but for the mighty Tigers it will also be an opportunity for the club to pull together, stay connected, and come out the other side even stronger than when we went into it as the reigning premiers.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
The big difference is that the Chinese Government have strict control over the population. When they put in the measures everyone obeyed them.

Western society is a bit different and I'm not sure it's in us to listen to the government and trust we should lock down really hard. It's not like the leaders are inspiring confidence so why should we believe them.

Look at Italy. I dropped a Tweet there where town and regional mayors are taking to youtube and threatening the population with flamethrowers and all sorts of *smile* in an attempt to make people obey the lockdown. So in a country that's had the most deaths, the most economic destruction, and have a high proportion of at risk people, they still have trouble keeping people locked down.

What hope do other countries have?

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
In Wuhan they repurposed all taxis for food/other delivery. If you needed groceries you filled in a form and gave it to a designated officer in your building/neighbourhood. They went and got it via taxi and brought it back to you.