How are they going? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

How are they going?

jayfox

Tiger Champion
Nov 11, 2003
A question for Phantom and other junior/VFL watchers. We have heard a lot about Polo and Meyer and even Franklin, Lewis and Roughhead but how are Tom Williams, Matthew Bate, Heath Grundy and John Meeson going?

pahoffm

No one player is bigger than the club.
Mar 24, 2004
Tommy Williams is playing in Werribee firsts. Bate is playing in Sandy firsts. Grundy is playing somewhere in Sydney/NSW so it's a bit hard to get a finger on how he's going. Meesen is playing in Norwood seniors and kicked 3.5 last weekend, 1.2 the week before.

jayfox

Tiger Champion
Nov 11, 2003
Phantom said:
Tommy Williams is playing in Werribee firsts. Bate is playing in Sandy firsts. Grundy is playing somewhere in Sydney/NSW so it's a bit hard to get a finger on how he's going. Meesen is playing in Norwood seniors and kicked 3.5 last weekend, 1.2 the week before.
Thanks Phantom but how are they actually going? Is Williams pushing for AFL selection? Is Bate and is he playing well for Sandy? I am just interested to hear how some of these other KPP's are actually progressing. How about Kirkby, how is he going at the Hawks?

pahoffm

No one player is bigger than the club.
Mar 24, 2004
jayfox said:
Phantom said:
Thanks Phantom but how are they actually going? Is Williams pushing for AFL selection? Is Bate and is he playing well for Sandy? I am just interested to hear how some of these other KPP's are actually progressing. How about Kirkby, how is he going at the Hawks?

Yes, Kirkby's in the Box Hill seniors also. Almost none of them are on the verge of AFL selection, but then again, almost none of them are ready. The closest to AFL selection, as I would have guessed, is Meesen at Adelaide. I think he played in the Wizard Cup opener for Adelaide and some other lead up matches. I dont think it'll be long before he gets a go.

jayfox

Tiger Champion
Nov 11, 2003
fox_racing said:

Why am I a knob because I haven't read this thread for a while? Besides, you gave me 7 minutes to give you an answer, and I am the knob!