HOW ARE YOU ALL COPING? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

HOW ARE YOU ALL COPING?

Tigaman

Tiger Champion
May 23, 2010
At my age football over the winter weekends is vital to ones health state of mind etc etc. You wonder if it is effecting Mick Malthouse. Must be with Mick as tonight on Ch 9 Perth news Mick states categorically that if footy resumes this year Round 1 results should be null & void. Mick Ch 9 must be digging in the bottom of the pig trough to get your opinion & one suggests ya better see your GP for a seniors Cloud Cuckoo test.

eddazol

Tiger Superstar
Sep 22, 2014
At my age football over the winter weekends is vital to ones health state of mind etc etc. You wonder if it is effecting Mick Malthouse. Must be with Mick as tonight on Ch 9 Perth news Mick states categorically that if footy resumes this year Round 1 results should be null & void. Mick Ch 9 must be digging in the bottom of the pig trough to get your opinion & one suggests ya better see your GP for a seniors Cloud Cuckoo test.
There is no way round 1 results will be removed

Reactions: 1 user

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Have you lost your job or retired?
I missed out on the panic buying of home gym weights so I go around to my parents house 150 m away ( dad long gone, mum in aged care) and improvise using stuff in my old mans garage. Tool boxes as alternative to Dumbbells...just add more wrenches and hammers as required.
Haven't been able to improvise a band though..

Could just use bricks as weights.

DS

Tigerfan

Roar Power
Apr 28, 2004
Gold Coast (SE - QLD).
I was working in tourism on the gold coast and was unemployed pretty quickly.

Someone I did a bond clean for told me about a school needed a cleaner. 3 month contract and I got that.

I’ve upgraded my bass, new pick ups and pots, and signed up for the Nathan east online intensive workshop in bass.

Reactions: 1 users

kiwitiger

Go the AllBlacks, the Storm , and the Tigers.
Jul 28, 2004
Great stuff Kiwi.

That’s the key. Exercise.

Any form!
We are allowed to exercise.

It’s a good way to turn a negative into a positive, with extra time on our hands , and health being a key topic right now , its the perfect time

Reactions: 1 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Decided to pick up a 2nd hand MTB to ride around with the boys (12yo and 10yo). Now I'm looking to see if I can find a new set of legs and lungs to keep up with them. I'm sure cycling was a lot easier than what it is now.

Reactions: 2 users

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
I’ve had to cancel flights from Qantas, Virgin and Tiger. Tiger gave me a credit voucher straight away. Qantas buggered it up and I had to call them to fix it. Virgin emailed me yesterday and said my flight is yet to be processed and asked for my patience (although it has only been 8 days).

I've also had to cancel 2 hotels, both booked via Agoda. They were originally non-refundable. One gave me a refund straight away. the second hotel is refusing to refund me or give me credit. they have only offered me to re-book for a new date... problem is that I don’t know when I am going back to Adelaide next (unlikely to be this year).

I have also refunded the Faith No More concert in Adelaide. Still waiting the money. it’s made trickier by the fact I had to cancel my credit card last week.
From recent experience don't book through the agency that advertises in red. Tough and greedy.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
It not longer feels unusual, this is the norm, or some variety of it for the next 12 months.

Things will slow morph back but not quickly. Lot easier to get on with life thinking that way.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Decided to pick up a 2nd hand MTB to ride around with the boys (12yo and 10yo). Now I'm looking to see if I can find a new set of legs and lungs to keep up with them. I'm sure cycling was a lot easier than what it is now.
It’s pretty flat over your neck of the woods too, image be if it was a bit hilly:)

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
It’s pretty flat over your neck of the woods too, image be if it was a bit hilly:)

We're in a hilly part, well, the roads aren't flat. Need to change those mudhugging tyres for something that rolls better on pavement

JimJessTorp

Barrels it!
May 20, 2009
An armchair in Sydney
We're in a hilly part, well, the roads aren't flat. Need to change those mudhugging tyres for something that rolls better on pavement
Easy Bear. just take off the knobbly rubber ring things from your wheels and ride around on the rims. That seems to go alright on those American car chase vids on yewchewb.

1586764474292.png

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
**** the home isolation.
The other half bought a carpet cleaner, so muggins here has spent the day lugging future out of nearly every room of the house.
**** 4 bedroom houses.
No wonder a bloke drinks ;)

Last edited:

Quickdraw

End of the drought
Jun 8, 2013
I'm seriously bored today.

Done a few jobs for SWMBO over the last few days but the motivation is waning.

Sorted out some fishing tackle and might wet a line in the next day or so.

Make a liter of Jack Daniels and 2 liters of Wild Turkey yesterday. Enjoying a strong JD right now.

I did a couple of lamb steaks on the BBQ tonight and the wife baked veggies. Needed mint sauce but it was good.

I'm cooking a beef stew in the slow cooker. Will be dinner tomorrow and we'll freeze a couple of meals.

If this isolation sh!t doesn't end soon I'll need new clothes and start going to AA.

I keep telling myself I'm lucky to be home, healthy, and (too) well fed, and that there are so many that would give an arm to swap places. Now I feel guilty.

I'm so missing footy.

I hope you're all well and keeping occupied.

Reactions: 4 users

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
the neighbours barking little dog with the abrasive frequency is not helping at all ...

• Angry

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
I played 5 sets against EZJ yesterday (6-0, 6-1, 6-2,6-0,8-6)

I tried to retire hurt at 6-6 in the 5th but EZJ just wouldn't have it.

he'd found his range on his drop shot and lob and sensed he had the old man on the ropes.

he smelt his first set and was popping about like bacon in a skillet.

I blasted my way home. hit my 2nd serves quicker than the 1st's and stepped into his.

today my right knee is twice as big as my left.

I dont think ive ever felt this sore.

Reactions: 5 users