HOW ARE YOU ALL COPING? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • If you are having trouble logging in to the forum please contact admin@puntroadend.com // When reseting your password or awaiting confirmation please check your junk/spam emails.
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

HOW ARE YOU ALL COPING?

The Big Richo

Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
I played out the set mostly without pain or restriction, so I havnt done any ligaments surely?

It just blew/seized up the next day.
Impossible to say without an exam but generally speaking if you do something structural you would be aware of it at the time, next day more likely to be a wear and tear issue, osteoarthritis or cartilage deterioration.

If it is still giving you trouble in a day or two it would be worth getting it checked out, weighed against the risk of corona of course.

On the shoes, the type of shoe is the key. A shoe designed for running, cross training etc is designed to grip, whereas a court shoe for netball, tennis, basketball etc gives a little on the court surface which is much kinder on the joints. You would be amazed how much difference it makes.

Reactions: 1 users

Mr T.

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 11, 2007
Melbourne
School at home has started and yet to do any work of my own, it is going to be a very long term!
:bash

Reactions: 1 user

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
School at home has started and yet to do any work of my own, it is going to be a very long term!
:bash
what year/s Mr.T?

My boy is in year 11.

I found a clip on youtube of the killing floor in an abattoir

and said

'do 4 hours school a day, everyday, or youlle work somewhere like this for 40 years'

I used to be a primary teacher, and there's a large proportion of everyday spent *smile* about.

I reckon 2 hours learning a day is plenty for primary, 4 hours for high school.

and don't forget, that watching a family function/cope/thrive/grow in a crisis is profound, once in a lifetime learning.

Reactions: 2 users

Mr T.

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 11, 2007
Melbourne
what year/s Mr.T?

My boy is in year 11.

I found a clip on youtube of the killing floor in an abattoir

and said

'do 4 hours school a day, everyday, or youlle work somewhere like this for 40 years'

I used to be a primary teacher, and there's a large proportion of everyday spent ******* about.

I reckon 2 hours learning a day is plenty for primary, 4 hours for high school.

and don't forget, that watching a family function/cope/thrive/grow in a crisis is profound, once in a lifetime learning.
Two young ones, grade 3 and 4, and 1 in Uni which doesn't count (in a good way)... the problem is that Teachers at our school want to run the day to a similar schedule and there were more than 3.5 hours scheduled work... if they did schedule 2 hours, it would take 4 to do with all the whinging and moaning. :D

There were many tech issues from the teacher side too which to be fair it is the first day... I think tomorrow and the days following they will be more realistic with what can be achieved with isolated teaching.

We are fortunate that our eldest completed year 12 last year, can't imagine the stress of 'finishing' students this year.

Hope your boy (and all kids) goes well.

DavidSSS

Tiger Superstar
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
EzyT is so right, especially for primary kids they just need a few hours of work to keep their learning ticking along. Kids do a lot of learning outside structured activities too.

I do wonder why they haven't been looking more at the material already produced for distance learning students. I know there is an obsession with using technology but these materials already exist, can easily be sent out (paper copies would be good because paper is compelling technology - it works, even when the WiFi is down!).

Our daughter's problem is the opposite, doing a Master of Teaching and teaching rounds postponed, until when nobody knows.

DS

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
EzyT is so right, especially for primary kids they just need a few hours of work to keep their learning ticking along. Kids do a lot of learning outside structured activities too.

I do wonder why they haven't been looking more at the material already produced for distance learning students. I know there is an obsession with using technology but these materials already exist, can easily be sent out (paper copies would be good because paper is compelling technology - it works, even when the WiFi is down!).

Our daughter's problem is the opposite, doing a Master of Teaching and teaching rounds postponed, until when nobody knows.

DS
Spot on dav.
I would rather the kids have books without always relying on a computer.
Our area has the worse network coverage too which makes it 10 times worse.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Yep, and not a lot better to watch the second time around.

It's remarkable that we managed to lose that game. With 48 seconds to go we are 10 points up and have free blokes everywhere.
We are the best at getting slapped by knobs that aren't even AFL footballers.

Jake

Tiger Superstar
Apr 2, 2005

It's remarkable that we managed to lose that game. With 48 seconds to go we are 10 points up and have free blokes everywhere.
Don't know why you done it to yourself BR.

• Wow

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004

That dud Rickman we had at the time, dropped a sitter.
Plus we had chances to go forward but we tired to slow the game down.

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003

still sticks in the craw. The 3 years of flags and domination have generally eased the pain, but geez that hurt.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
I'm going to the footy Saturday night.

bought some 4n20's and some McCains chips

and some paper cups to put the chips in. and I bought a box of Carlton mids

im gonna water down some vinegar, let the pies go half cold.

put on my No.50 tigers jumper, pin Danny over my heart,

and watch the '19 prelim.

when Lynchy takes that first grab up high, at the start of the 3rd,

im gonna spray chips and beer all over the lounge room and hug EZJ

I ran the plan by Mrs EZ and she goes

'yeah ok'

Reactions: 5 users

TT33

GO TIGES!!!
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
I'm going to the footy Saturday night.

bought some 4n20's and some McCains chips

and some paper cups to put the chips in. and I bought a box of Carlton mids

im gonna water down some vinegar, let the pies go half cold.

put on my No.50 tigers jumper, pin Danny over my heart,

and watch the '19 prelim.

when Lynchy takes that first grab up high, at the start of the 3rd,

im gonna spray chips and beer all over the lounge room and hug EZJ

I ran the plan by Mrs EZ and she goes

'yeah ok'

Will there be rivers of p155 running from the dunny?

• Haha

TV Josh

Tiger Rookie
May 26, 2005
Melbourne, VIC
Will there be rivers of p155 running from the dunny?
Perhaps go up to Dan Murphys at half time, tip a Jack Daniels and Coke on the floor of the walk in beer fridge and stand in it for 5 mins before taking a slash against the back wall. That should replicate the MCG toilet experience.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

JimJessTorp

Barrels it!
May 20, 2009
An armchair in Sydney
Perhaps go up to Dan Murphys at half time, tip a Jack Daniels and Coke on the floor of the walk in beer fridge and stand in it for 5 mins before taking a slash against the back wall. That should replicate the MCG toilet experience.
Ahhhhhh.

Almost perfect.

Its just missing the toothless scabbie supporter next to me at the urinal gloating about the 2018 Preliminaryship and pissing on his trouser leg!

• Haha