HOW ARE YOU ALL COPING? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • If you are having trouble logging in to the forum please contact admin@puntroadend.com // When reseting your password or awaiting confirmation please check your junk/spam emails.
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

HOW ARE YOU ALL COPING?

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Its just missing the toothless scabbie supporter next to me at the urinal gloating about the 2018 Preliminaryship and pissing on his trouser leg!
Pretty sure that bloke sat behind me at the 2018 prelim.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

Quickdraw

End of the drought
Jun 8, 2013
Lucky you Quick draw. What do you hope to get...salmon, tailer, bream, flatties or whiting??

When I ived in Tura beach, near Merimbula, I used to get all those from the beach. Loved my fishing. Always had a freezer full of fish. Happy days.
Hi Graystar
Went for a fish yesterday afternoon. Got 4 Salmon, only one was a keeper, but it was good fun and so relaxing. Good to do something outside the house.

Was talking to another fisherman in the morning and he got some salmon and a mullet. Said he's also caught whiting and tommy ruffs there before too.

graystar1

Tiger Legend
Apr 28, 2004
Hi Graystar
Went for a fish yesterday afternoon. Got 4 Salmon, only one was a keeper, but it was good fun and so relaxing. Good to do something outside the house.

Was talking to another fisherman in the morning and he got some salmon and a mullet. Said he's also caught whiting and tommy ruffs there before too.
You make me jealous Quickdraw. In NSW there is no limit size on salmon, or there wasn't in my day anyway.

Used to put the salmon into foil with lemon juice, lemon slices, some butter and cook on the barbie. Being a tough flesh I found that means of cooking made them delicious and tasty. Mullet is often scorned by some but if cooked right they are very nice indeed. Nothing beats King George whiting from your state though. Well I remember having a feast of them at great motel in Ceduna. Only got sand whiting at Merimbula/Tura beach on beach worms. off the beach fishing that was.

Gee, those were the days when we were allowed to travel, not locked up in the police state like now.

Quickdraw

End of the drought
Jun 8, 2013
How are we all going now?

I've been doing all the jobs the The Senate requests. I've always called her that because a lot of bills get rejected by the Upper House. :(

Lots of TV series binging and apparently eating too much (according to the scales).

Stay safe and well everyone.

graystar1

Tiger Legend
Apr 28, 2004
Have a sneaking suspicion that the Friday relaxations will be nothing too spectacular. Hope I'm wrong.

Also, don't expect Adolf to allow too much in our police state of Vic.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Am used to it and not overly fussed if it continues, but that attitude comes from having a degree of job security. I count myself lucky every day.

Reactions: 1 users

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Am used to it and not overly fussed if it continues, but that attitude comes from having a degree of job security. I count myself lucky every day.
Same here. Been working from home for 9 weeks now, one of the fortunate ones that can. Haven't had this much sleep since my teenage years - roll out of bed at 8.50am to log on the computer. Spend more quality time with the family, have a better understanding of the kids schooling and their progress, 1 on 1 basketball training with the kids seeing significant improvement, eating home cooked meals almost every day, cooking new meals we haven't tried before etc. Completed alot of handy man work around the house. Besides missing family and friends and obviously the footy, this has been an eye opening experience for us and shows how the busy lifestyle we lead leaves not much time for some of the important things.

Reactions: 6 users

Tigaman

Tiger Champion
May 23, 2010
Just been diagnosed with PTSFWD (Post Traumatic Stress Football Withdrawal Disease). No known cure as yet but tipples of any of The Four Wise Men during anxiety periods will ease the stress but do not drive.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Same here. Been working from home for 9 weeks now, one of the fortunate ones that can. Haven't had this much sleep since my teenage years - roll out of bed at 8.50am to log on the computer. Spend more quality time with the family, have a better understanding of the kids schooling and their progress, 1 on 1 basketball training with the kids seeing significant improvement, eating home cooked meals almost every day, cooking new meals we haven't tried before etc. Completed alot of handy man work around the house. Besides missing family and friends and obviously the footy, this has been an eye opening experience for us and shows how the busy lifestyle we lead leaves not much time for some of the important things.
Many in the same boat. It's going to be interesting seeing how the workplace changes as a result of this pandemic. There will be a push to do a lot more work from home as it's been proven to be effective for many industries. Do miss the banter in the office though.

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
parcels have dropped 40% in the past week, but work is still crazy. and i'm exhausted. I've never seen so much work in my 25 years with Aust Post. Much bigger than Xmas. We've broken volume records at my work when April/May is generally quiet.

antman

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Many in the same boat. It's going to be interesting seeing how the workplace changes as a result of this pandemic. There will be a push to do a lot more work from home as it's been proven to be effective for many industries. Do miss the banter in the office though.
Always fancied working from home, after having done it for two months kill me now.

Well, there are other factors I guess.

An ideal outcome for me would be more choice, work from home sometimes, work in the office sometimes. And have the right systems and office culture to allow that to work.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Always fancied working from home, after having done it for two months kill me now.

Well, there are other factors I guess.

An ideal outcome for me would be more choice, work from home sometimes, work in the office sometimes. And have the right systems and office culture to allow that to work.
Yeah a 50 50 home office split would be ideal. Definitely need to be in the office on a Friday.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
parcels have dropped 40% in the past week, but work is still crazy. and i'm exhausted. I've never seen so much work in my 25 years with Aust Post. Much bigger than Xmas. We've broken volume records at my work when April/May is generally quiet.
Didn't realise we had our own AP complaints desk right here at PRE! Paid $40+ to ShopMate for a small parcel to be delivered from the US ... been waiting a while and the latest tracking entry says it's been in Sydney for the last week. Meanwhile had a 2kg parcel delivered from Germany - via the US - in my hands at 9am on day 6. For shame!

Just kidding, Ian. Sort of.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Haven't had this much sleep since my teenage years - roll out of bed at 8.50am to log on the computer.
I've been working harder & longer, and most others are saying similar. The temptation is to keep at it into the evening, because your bed's only a room away and you can crash any time.

antman

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Yeah, they say its better to have set work and break times, and try to stick to this

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
I reckon routine is definitely beneficial.

I ended up with a household of 4 adults with only 1 WFH 50%.

after all the weeds were pulled and sprayed, most fences fixed, firewood cut and stacked, calves gelded tagged and jabbed,

I started a creative farm project to keep the youngns occupied and sleeping well from hard work..

building a stonewalled terraced vege garden. pretty decent project, putting some young muscle to work collecting paddock rock and making concrete and laying rocks. probably collected and laid 25 tonne of rock?

its been great. dont go too nuts. big breaky about 0800, 2nd coffee about 0900

start work about 0930.

long lunch with the Toohey brothers.

knock off with a beer about 1600.

I dont have to crack the whip, I usually have to get whipped into action.

Friday is pizza and margarita night. everyone looks forward to it like its a game of footy or a big night out.

actually it ends up a pretty big night out.

we've taught the youngsters to play Euchre. Sat is card night. they want to play every night now.

funny. like the olden days.

time has slowed. horizons got smaller.

NZ sounding like the trip of a lifetime all of a sudden.

I could live like this IF there was footy, and if I could visit family interstate. Dont really care about restaurants or pubs.

my back misses swimming laps pretty majorly.

DavidSSS

Tiger Superstar
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
I just can't seem to get into a routine at home. Adding to this are the far more frequent meetings and the chaos that this pandemic has caused.

Far prefer to work at the office and have that separation between work and home. Hasn't stopped me answering emails until the small hours in the past but at least I can walk away from that, walking away from the home office setup now is harder. Also, without the ride into work I am doing far less exercise which is not good.

I think working from home is something some people find easier and some jobs are more suited to.

Still, I am getting paid and I am getting a fair bit done. Far better off than a lot of people out there.

DS

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
Didn't realise we had our own AP complaints desk right here at PRE! Paid $40+ to ShopMate for a small parcel to be delivered from the US ... been waiting a while and the latest tracking entry says it's been in Sydney for the last week. Meanwhile had a 2kg parcel delivered from Germany - via the US - in my hands at 9am on day 6. For shame!
Feel free PM me the Tracking Number and i'll see if I can get more info for ya.