HOW ARE YOU ALL COPING? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

HOW ARE YOU ALL COPING?

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
I've been going ok, but the proof for me will be this week coming as my daughters have now gone back to their mums so I'll pretty much have no human contact for a week. Batten down the hatches,

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Nice work Baloo. I think the best I've had through this has been FMG which isn't down too much but still down
Andrew Forrest has been buying heaps of the stock, he bought $300 million worth a few weeks ago. I've been waiting to buy in but it looks like Twiggy is not going to let the price drop too much.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Got a sore throat 29 days ago and have had some sort of (minor) cold/flu affliction for all but a few days since then. Only been out on essential errands, and late at night for a bit of exercise, so I'm a bit of a veteran at this isolation thing already. Had to go to the bank last Friday, trying to keep my distance from others, when some bloke marches out of nowhere at 100mph and sneezes so hard (into a handkerchief) that he almost loses his balance. Fair to say I've been self-monitoring for symptoms a bit this week as a result - any hint of a tingle in the throat and it's off to the bathroom for a gobful of mouthwash.

Lucky to still have a job working from home at this stage, although it could be gone any day if things get tight. Croaky voice from spending so much time on the phone. Trying to see the staying at home thing as an adventure, albeit a shitty adventure. Doesn't always work, but I can get absorbed in the idea for an hour here and an hour there.

nqtiger

In the jungle
Mar 7, 2004
Back From The jungle
Thanks graystar1.
We as a family are going ok at the moment. The wife has got a government job, I'm retired, so not much has changed for me other than i'm now driving the young bloke to TAFE and work instead of him using public transport. He will soon be doing TAFE from home, and looks like losing his job, meaning I'll be able to have a bit of a tipple :mhihi
All the best to you and your family.
Stay healthy everyone.
In sunny QLD at the moment we are working as normal,at TAFE, they have made preparations for us to do our jobs from home but we are still delivering on campus and turning up to work

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
The last few days have taught me a few life lessons about money that I had previously taken for granted.

I’m thankful I can continue learning from home while essential staff gather data in the lab. It’s been challenging replacing my income without stimulus eligibility, but I’m optimistic I’ll come out of the year with little disruption to my long-term goals and a better perspective in general.

Reactions: 6 users

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
Still some shortages, we haven't bought dunny rolls for about a month but still ok, they do need to return to the shelves soon (those who hoarded can return them now!).

i think the whole TP craziness is settling down. woolies north Melbourne had them yesterday morning. i walked past 8 hours later (while exercising) and they were still stocked.

Wish we had a proper NBN with new technology to the premises but we are making do with the coax from the node (coax was the subject of a patent in 1880, could we have some 20th century technology please, not asking too much is it?).

I'm not yet on the NBN. I have optus cable that isn't being shut down til January. I think i'll be better off with that through this.

Tigertough1974

Tiger Champion
Oct 1, 2013
Great insight. What's happening with the factories? They are essential to the global economy getting back up and running

cheers Brissy, a lot of the factories are obviously in outside areas as opposed to downtown and depending on industry are spread throughout China, the rules/restrictions and interpretation of laws are different in each province, generally speaking most factoriy workers have been extremely keen to resume work ASAP, so some companies have allowed on reduce shift, it will effect supply chain for sure, already has.

What most people probably don’t understand is the lower income people in China often go into debt for Chinese New Year giving cash (red envelopes) and the likes to family, then to come out of CNY with no work would be disasterous.

My phone blew up last night as now China has essentially locked the borders as all new cases in last 2 weeks have been imported... quite astonishing, what I can say which I’m sure isn’t new information is that this is extremely contagious and the best form of defense is isolation.

Reactions: 1 user

graystar1

Tiger Legend
Apr 28, 2004
Good to hear all the optimism from Prenders.

It is a trying time for sure but in the main, at least Prenders seem to be coping well.

As an aside. Went for my early morning walk this morning and was not surprised that the main road, not far from home, usually busy early in the morning was almost devoid of traffic.

Luckily, only 3 cases in Shepparton so far, so I guess it pays to live in rural areas.

As for shopping. Normally we shop at Coles. Wanted to shop online now with home delivery. Guess what?? No delivery service in Shepparton.

Will switch to Woolies now, who offer this service. That will give us something to occupy the odd hour tomorrow.

Wonder how long we will be in "isolation"?

In the meantime we both here in Shepparton wish all our PRE friends the best of health.

graystar1

Tiger Legend
Apr 28, 2004
Thanks bright One. Not only do our two daughters live there, but our son-in-law manages the marina, which I guess is not operating all that well right now.
have not heard from him for a while so just guessing.

Reactions: 1 user

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Just walked around the block, large roads are not empty, still a fair bit of traffic. Also noticed the car wash near me is open - WTF?

DS

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
My biggest fear is not whether football will be back this year but whether it will be back next year..or perhaps not at all.

Whilst there's no vaccine for this virus I can't see there being any football any time soon.

Yes it's a *smile* depressing thought.

Reactions: 1 users

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Footy will be back next year. Not sure in what form. 5th day at home now. Haven't been out in that time but plan on going for a run tonight. Please keep safe everyone. And please isolate where possible. And a big thank you to all those healthcare workers out there putting their own health on the line.

Reactions: 2 users

nqtiger

In the jungle
Mar 7, 2004
Back From The jungle
cheers Brissy, a lot of the factories are obviously in outside areas as opposed to downtown and depending on industry are spread throughout China, the rules/restrictions and interpretation of laws are different in each province, generally speaking most factoriy workers have been extremely keen to resume work ASAP, so some companies have allowed on reduce shift, it will effect supply chain for sure, already has.

What most people probably don’t understand is the lower income people in China often go into debt for Chinese New Year giving cash (red envelopes) and the likes to family, then to come out of CNY with no work would be disasterous.

My phone blew up last night as now China has essentially locked the borders as all new cases in last 2 weeks have been imported... quite astonishing, what I can say which I’m sure isn’t new information is that this is extremely contagious and the best form of defense is isolation.
And yet Australia is still allowing flights from overseas

graystar1

Tiger Legend
Apr 28, 2004
It seems it is best to live in rural Australia.

Just noticed that in Victoria, Bendigo has 1 case, Mildura 1 and Shepparton 3. Lived in all those cities, so all good for the bushies so far.

Mr T.

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 11, 2007
Melbourne
My biggest fear is not whether football will be back this year but whether it will be back next year..or perhaps not at all.

Whilst there's no vaccine for this virus I can't see there being any football any time soon.

Yes it's a ******* depressing thought.
What’s more depressing is missing peak Dusty.

• Angry
Reactions: 3 users

Quickdraw

End of the drought
Jun 8, 2013
I made a run for the border on Monday. Opportunity to reintroduce myself to the wife and the cat (can't remember if it was in that order though).

Now working from home. Have work for now.

Starting to go a little stir crazy already. Wife has a list of projects for me to do. Missing footy sooooooo bad.

So to keep busy I'm going to be busy brewing beverages, playing guitar, recording music to send to mates, maybe the odd game of golf, and attend to some of the stuff that needs fixing that I've put off till now.

And importantly, keep in touch with family and friends. Just a simple phone call can make a world of difference to someone that maybe struggling.

And finally, keep checking in to PRE and see what my reprobate fellow PREs have to say. This site keeps me (slightly) same.

Reactions: 3 users

kiwitiger

Go the AllBlacks, the Storm , and the Tigers.
Jul 28, 2004
What’s more depressing is missing peak Dusty.
And for the team , possibly missing out on valuable time to complete the Dynasty , at the peak of their powers

Its a bit like Ali going to jail at the peak of his career

Reactions: 2 users