HOW ARE YOU ALL COPING? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

HOW ARE YOU ALL COPING?

graystar1

Tiger Legend
Apr 28, 2004
Just wondering how Prenders are coping with the lock down?

No footy, which is hard to take, but understandable.

For us, here in country Vic., a bit sick of being virtually home bound.

Not really our thing to watching movies on Fox during the day.

Going to the supermarket is a bit of a bummer with all the empty shelves and keeping 1.5 m from everyone.

Any suggestions as to what to do, to relieve the boredom?

We have been doing the gardening of course, which is good and allows us to get outdoors into the back yard.

Been emailing family and friends to keep in touch and reading all the posts here on PRE.

Like all, who are AFL fans, we are missing our footy hit big time.

Oh well, guess it will pass in due course and we will all look back and wonder what all the fuss was about.

Hope all Prenders are well and stay that way.

Reactions: 1 user

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
Both the mrs and I trying to work from home with our 6 year old kids at home too, bored out of their brains. Meanwhile, having to take a 30% pay cut for the same work in order to keep our company afloat. That then means, re-jigging cashflow through the bank etc. At least we have jobs but everything is so difficult TBH. Footy the furthest thing from my mind at this point.

Reactions: 1 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Just wondering how Prenders are coping with the lock down?

No footy, which is hard to take, but understandable.

For us, here in country Vic., a bit sick of being virtually home bound.

Not really our thing to watching movies on Fox during the day.

Going to the supermarket is a bit of a bummer with all the empty shelves and keeping 1.5 m from everyone.

Any suggestions as to what to do, to relieve the boredom?

We have been doing the gardening of course, which is good and allows us to get outdoors into the back yard.

Been emailing family and friends to keep in touch and reading all the posts here on PRE.

Like all, who are AFL fans, we are missing our footy hit big time.

Oh well, guess it will pass in due course and we will all look back and wonder what all the fuss was about.

Hope all Prenders are well and stay that way.
Thanks graystar1.
We as a family are going ok at the moment. The wife has got a government job, I'm retired, so not much has changed for me other than i'm now driving the young bloke to TAFE and work instead of him using public transport. He will soon be doing TAFE from home, and looks like losing his job, meaning I'll be able to have a bit of a tipple :mhihi
All the best to you and your family.
Stay healthy everyone.

nswtiger

tiger army tiger army!! thank you very much
Feb 14, 2005
Nrth NSW
I am half way the first quarter, kicking into a 6 goal breeze,
3 goals down ATM, and the bloody umpires are killing us ..........
but I am playing in a great team .................we just have make some moves and to work differently to get the result we want

its going to be a long hard game .........

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

blx

Tiger Champion
Feb 11, 2004
Melbourne
I'm locked away in my audio studio which is what my normal modus is anyway so enjoy the chance to get some old projects finished.

Also I am concurrently digitizing a heap of old family VHS tapes which I always procrastinated cause I just didn't have the time but hey...

Stay safe everyone ;)

Reactions: 4 users

graystar1

Tiger Legend
Apr 28, 2004
I'm locked away in my audio studio which is what my normal modus is anyway so enjoy the chance to get some old projects finished.

Also I am concurrently digitizing a heap of old family VHS tapes which I always procrastinated cause I just didn't have the time but hey...

Stay safe everyone ;)
hey bix. I have some old VHS tapes. How do you digitize them?

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
status quo for me. still working as my industry is considered an essential service. although I am expecting to be crazy busy in the coming weeks, i feel lucky to not be stuck at home. I am not anticipating a loss in salary and I have 7 months of accrued sick leave if it comes to that.

TOT70

I'm just a suburban boy
Jul 27, 2004
Melbourne
Missing footy. Trying to play the occasional round of golf but it is getting harder to do so with each passing day. We are still going to work and sitting quietly in our little offices. Trying to get some work done.

My hands have never been so clean, what with all the washing and sanitising.

Netflix and Foxtel are getting a battering in the evenings. Have been enjoying My Brilliant Friend on Foxtel. It helps that I speak Italian and understand the culture. Well worth a look if you can deal with subtitles. Season 1 is excellent. Season 2 is a bit darker.

We have also binged on Sex Education, which is surprisingly good. I am enjoying Gillian Anderson‘s quirky performance as a neurotic sex counsellor. She is having a great deal of fun pulling faces and using OTT body language instead of talking. It is not bad at all for what is essentially a British take on the classic American High School series.

Stig

Tiger Superstar
Mar 2, 2020
Spent the last two days painting the front picket fence . Might need another coat or three ‍♂️

Reactions: 1 users

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
Spent the last two days painting the front picket fence . Might need another coat or three ‍♂

Shush, don't mention thr P word, I'm trying to avoid the (P) brush.
I think I might just get away with it. :cool:

Tigertough1974

Tiger Champion
Oct 1, 2013
Its a tough one, absolutely missing footy. Im based in Shanghai so when this all blew up mid/late January over here I took my family to Taiwan where I also have an office and run that part of the region also, stayed 5 weeks and the company wanted me back in Shanghai where I am now.

Shanghai is starting to open up again, pubs and other venues, we don't get a lot of personal space here so I have been basically coming to office and home and that's been it, its now 2/2.5 months since this all really started here on a large scale, many business have gone bust and many are bleeding, my own company which is a MNC and I have let go 25 people in China YTD. We went through the toilet paper and tissue stage in January and now everything is available, although again very different scales.

Really tough times, in saying that I can see the light at the end of the tunnel and have to focus on the now as we navigate our business which has been hit hard, our industry and many others will take some time to recover.

Wish you all well and definitely isolate and keep healthy.

Reactions: 6 users

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Took holidays because of the Thursday night games , so when the footy was cancelled , headed over to the East coast with son an pup . Absolutely incredible and sad what the fires have done over there, we drove over falls creek, to lakes Entrance and then up to Batemans bay, blows your mind how much is burnt, it’s just endless charcoal, with a unique beauty as Mother Nature fights back . I then spent a very brief time in Cairns , which is pretty much like an old town from the west without the tumble weeds, now pottering around the house , taking the dogs down the park and watching a lot of movies

graystar1

Tiger Legend
Apr 28, 2004
Unfortunately, I have to out in my trusty Mazda tomorrow. Hope our Premier's 500 strong, keep in isolation,police force, don't grab me and fine me $20,000 as that is the fine.

If they do, good luck with getting that out of me with what little I have left with the investment crashes.

Maybe I would get lucky and have Tiger policeman pull me over. Better wear my Tiger cap. Then again he could be a Collingwood supporter...they are everywhere when they win.

graystar1

Tiger Legend
Apr 28, 2004
Took holidays because of the Thursday night games , so when the footy was cancelled , headed over to the East coast with son an pup . Absolutely incredible and sad what the fires have done over there, we drove over falls creek, to lakes Entrance and then up to Batemans bay, blows your mind how much is burnt, it’s just endless charcoal, with a unique beauty as Mother Nature fights back . I then spent a very brief time in Cairns , which is pretty much like an old town from the west without the tumble weeds, now pottering around the house , taking the dogs down the park and watching a lot of movies

You must gave gone through Narooma then Bright One. We have two daughters living there and they have told us of the frightening fires in that area.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Wish you all well and definitely isolate and keep healthy.

Thanks T1974. A few questions on life in China.

Were the isolation rules the same as here? Did you ever have a full lockdown with no businesses operating at all ala NZ?

Are there still new cases or have they ceased in Shanghai?

Have any of the isolation rules relaxed?

snags

Tiger Superstar
Oct 28, 2005
I am half way the first quarter, kicking into a 6 goal breeze,
3 goals down ATM, and the bloody umpires are killing us ..........
but I am playing in a great team .................we just have make some moves and to work differently to get the result we want

its going to be a long hard game .........
We'll get the wind in the last champ! Plus we're the fittest team going around. We'll be ok.

snags

Tiger Superstar
Oct 28, 2005
I'm good at the minute but feeling everyone's pain. Being home with the little one (7) and missus has been great. Reconnecting.

Luckily working from home is OK but the company isn't making money atm so tougher times could be ahead if there's no change. My tenant back home in Melb has lost his job. He's asked for a chop out. I'll do what I can while I can but I have family struggling too. I have some difficult decisions ahead.

I'm grateful everyone I know is fit and healthy with no covid. This morning the second suspected covid case was taken from my complex here in Abu Dhabi. I suspect things are worse than being publicly reported here. We're likely to move to martial law with road blocks and such next week. We can't even exercise or take a walk outside at the minute. I've rediscovered old hobbies and modern warfare on the xbox.

Stay safe all.

Last edited:

JimJessTorp

Barrels it!
May 20, 2009
An armchair in Sydney
Good post GS1.

It is good to see the PRE community helping each other out with this situation.

And puntroadend.com should be considered a vital service at this time as there are precious few places we can go to slag off Copyingwood, Cartoon, The Plastic Fantastic, Geelonginthetooth, Ninthbourne, etc...

As for me, working from home. Concerned about my team and colleagues (also working from home), so contacting them every day for some face-to-face video time. (Zoom is the best tool for this I have found. There is a (limited) free option and it works very well over Australia's *smile* internet).

We had to cancel an OS trip planned for June. We were going to Europe (and Iceland) for a month. Getting refunds is a pain in the arse. So that's fun.

Don't know anyone yet with COVID-19. Just a matter of time I suspect.

I'm in a high risk category due to long term immune suppression therapy so I am being very careful. 22yo daughter is finally understanding the need for social distancing/isolation with her friends (after about 125 different conversations with her). Wife is also WFH and social distancing, though her work doesn't trust their staff and require them to jump through a thousand hoops each day to "prove" they are working. Local councils are the *smile* worst I tell ya. The *smile* worst!!!

Really gutted about no more footy for the time being. Oct - Feb is bad enough at the best of times. But with the footy drought looking to extend for months I'm really hating it. It's not the same watching reruns of past games. Except the 2017 GF. I reckon the watch number on that will surge past 50 some time soon.

Go PRE!

Go Tiges!

Reactions: 4 users