HOW ARE YOU ALL COPING? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

HOW ARE YOU ALL COPING?

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
As a single man who lives alone, the lack of physical contact has been tough - looking forward to a hug. Having said that, my Bumble has blown up, so I will be spoilt for choice!

I've been enjoying long walks in the gorgeous weather we've had until the last few days. I was getting a bit too keen on newly acquired culinary skills (OMG my brownies) so I also signed up for the push-up challenge - I've done over 1700 push-ups in the past 12 days, on the way to 3046 in 21 days. Those Bumble ladies are going to love my chest!

Reactions: 1 user

DjJazzyPete

Tiger Matchwinner
Sep 8, 2014
Nata , Botswana
Finished lock down today after 7 weeks of not seeing ppl and only allowed to go out to the supermarket once a week. So our little oasis town of Nata is open but we cant got out of town. and not that much here . Its a tourist town .. we only have a a couple of Hardware stores a $2 Chinese shop ..yep Chinese are everywhere , a supermarket ( think County IGA store not a big coles ) a couple of general stores and 3 big Petrol / roadhouses.... Oh being a tourist town on the edge of the biggest salt pans in the world and lots of wide life ... Elephants .. giraffes, zebras .. pink flamingos etc etc etc .. yeah the famous Nata Bird sanctuary and Elephant sands so lots of resorts , hotels , guest houses ,back packers ..lodges etc ( Nata is where the 2 major hwys in southern Africa split usually a lot of traffic.. tourists/ and tourist busses and trucks though here as it the route from Johannesburg to Zim ,Zambia , Kasane and Congo one way or Johannesburg to Maun, Namibia to west Africa , Nigeria the other ).. .So We cant go anywhere for big shopping like clothes etc ( closest is Francistown 2 hours away and were not allowed to go there till Nov ) . Only active cases ( 9 in all ) here all truck drivers from South Africa or Zambia tested when crossing the boarder into Botswana passing from Zambia to SA or SA to Zambia .. mainly copper truck transport .. with copper headed to the ports of SA headed for Chinese from Chinese owned copper mines in Zambia and Congo .
.. Still in state of emergency till Nov here .. so still no bottle shops open till then . So making home brew from apples ..it goes ok .!!. .. Wifey still stuck in Melbourne still no flights back ..maybe in July ..fingers crossed .. have to get a permit to get her and go thought lots of check points to pick her up in Gaborone when she comes back and does quarantine. So its ok ..life is still not that easy . Pretty lonely .. Reding PRE each day helps a lot .. . have also made an new album while in lockdown .. so not all bad here ..

Last edited:
Reactions: 10 users

graystar1

Tiger Legend
Apr 28, 2004
Is this the start of the second wave in Victoria?

10 cases yesterday, and one more death, more than any other state.

Maybe time for the Vic. Govt to reinforce restrictions.

All travellers on public transport have to war masks or be fined.

No travelling in Victoria until at least September unless for medical reasons.

Only allow home deliveries of groceries and food.

No cafes, restaurants or hotels to be opened until at least Sept

Close the Vic. border to all except emergency vehicles.

All to stay at home except for walking or exercise, or to visit a medical centre.

Cancel the AfL for 2020 and close down any other sporting venues.

Heavier fines for anyone breaking the social distancing laws.

Do that and maybe the virus van be wiped out entirely by Christmas.

Any other suggestions to help avoid more deaths and infections.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
I was rivetted to 90 minutes of Rugby League on Sunday.

Things are getting peak-weird up here

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Pretty lonely .. Reding PRE each day helps a lot .. . have also made an new album while in lockdown .. so not all bad here ..

Is it available to listen to anywhere DJ?