HOW DANGEROUS?? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • If you are having trouble logging in to the forum please contact admin@puntroadend.com // When reseting your password or awaiting confirmation please check your junk/spam emails.
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

HOW DANGEROUS??

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
“Protected zone”, impossible to enforce consistently - FAIL
Shepherding on the mark, Hawthorn-style, allowed to flourish - FAIL
Incorrect disposal, a mess - FAIL
MRP/MRO/Tribunal system, still erratic - FAIL
Goal review system, as many new problems as answers - FAIL
Biased fixture, contrived equality - FAIL
Priority pick system, encouraged and abetted tanking - MASSIVE FAIL/SACKABLE OFFENCE

The calls from McGuire to shorten the game and play more Thursday night games show how out of touch some are with the paying spectator. Attendances in 2019 were the highest for a decade.

Fix the stuff that needs fixing, and no more.

Reactions: 4 users

lamb22

Tiger Legend
Jan 29, 2005
You know these clowns might kill the game for good.

When footy stopped I was at a loss but walking around parks and creeks I've found lots of kids playing kick to kick as well as riding bikes, flying kites and throwing frisbees.

I'm 60 plus and hoping to have a kick to kick on the weekend,

We might just realise we don't need an americanised monetised product foisted upon us Hutchy style and just enjoy playing the game or watching or helping the local team.

Tenacious

Tiger Champion
May 19, 2008
You know these clowns might kill the game for good.

When footy stopped I was at a loss but walking around parks and creeks I've found lots of kids playing kick to kick as well as riding bikes, flying kites and throwing frisbees.

I'm 60 plus and hoping to have a kick to kick on the weekend,

We might just realise we don't need an americanised monetised product foisted upon us Hutchy style and just enjoy playing the game or watching or helping the local team.
Can think of a certain 37 year period where smelling the roses and playing kick to kick in the park might have been a genuine alternative to following the footy - but not now.

Ossie

Tiger Matchwinner
Apr 15, 2012
“Protected zone”, impossible to enforce consistently - FAIL
Shepherding on the mark, Hawthorn-style, allowed to flourish - FAIL
Incorrect disposal, a mess - FAIL
MRP/MRO/Tribunal system, still erratic - FAIL
Goal review system, as many new problems as answers - FAIL
Biased fixture, contrived equality - FAIL
Priority pick system, encouraged and abetted tanking - MASSIVE FAIL/SACKABLE OFFENCE

The calls from McGuire to shorten the game and play more Thursday night games show how out of touch some are with the paying spectator. Attendances in 2019 were the highest for a decade.

Fix the stuff that needs fixing, and no more.
Spot on LTRR. The missed 50 to Lynchy in the 3rd quarter of the Prelim for encroachment in the protected area (when he passed off to Dion for a goal) was unbelievable. Stewart almost touched him he was that close to Lynchy!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users