How good is Emma Murray? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

How good is Emma Murray?

fastin bulbous

Tiger Champion
Mar 30, 2010
Darwin
Mrs. Quickdraw suggested that while we're hauling the van up into 6 finger banjo country in South Australia we have a listen to this House of Wellness podcast with Emma Murray and Brando. And Mrs. Quickdraw is a Crows supporter (but the Tigers is her second team and she's supporting us against the local Filth tonight).

If you've read Konrad's books there isn't much new info there but it's still a good listen. Speaks pretty well does young Bobble. Wish he was still running the wings for us but all the best to him.

https://podcasts.apple.com/au/podca...th-brandon-ellis/id1515649752?i=1000479719815
Gratitude writing as explained by EM is so powerful. I scoffed at it for a long time until I did it with real intent. If any other preers have depression (as I do) it can be life changing. In saying that I still say *smile* GRATITUDE! at times

• Love
Reactions: 2 users

Birdman19

Plodder
Apr 16, 2009
Thankyou Emma Murray. You have taught this club how to be resilient, appreciative, focussed, collegiate and fun. Our " Never Say Die" attitude is testament to the effect that you have had on our mental game. We, the tiger supporters are grateful for your work. :clap2 :clap2 :clap2 :clap2 :clap2 :clap2 :clap2 :clap2 :clap2 :clap2 :clap2 :clap2 :clap2 :clap2 :clap2 :clap2 :gotiges

Reactions: 14 users

Spirit of Jack

Only a Tiger premiership can make 2020 a good year
Apr 19, 2004
Noticed Dusty having a good chat with Emma in the rooms after the game...she is so critical to our success.

Reactions: 5 users

caspar

We won!!!!!
Jun 8, 2006
Melbourne
I wondered this week if she'd worked with Tom on his mindset. Strategies for the mass of hatred that was being put on him by *smile* and incited by the media.

Reactions: 3 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Emma facilitated another magic trick in the 3rd of the 6 dustynasty premierships

She somehow made Jayden Short rest with the realisation,

that he is Trent Cotchin, albeit with monster hooves.

surely she can't keep doing this?

if she does, the cheer squad will have to come up with a way to hold the banner 20ft off the ground

Reactions: 4 users

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Emma facilitated another magic trick in the 3rd of the 6 dustynasty premierships

if she does, the cheer squad will have to come up with a way to hold the banner 20ft off the ground

Also weaving her magic in Australian cricket. ... Apologies I can't post the whole article. .. need someone to break through Murdochs paywall...!

Will Pucovski opens up about his mental health challenges and working with mind coach Emma Murray. ... Pucovski, 21, traced his improvement back to engaging Richmond Football Club's mind coach Emma Murray 12 months ago, although he said his challenges were a long-term process. “I'm going pretty well, I think,” he said.Nov 10, 2019

Meanwhile.... while we concentrate on leading the way in the area of mindfulness and by extension, cheerfully winning flags....
Over the traintracks the pies are outta their minds shelling out millions for numbscull spuds.....!

I'm going off to meditate.

Wildride

Tiger Superstar
Sep 6, 2006
Brisbane
We're also hiring another psych, ad was up. Good to see we're continuing to invest in this area.

Reactions: 1 user

bob

Tiger Superstar
Mar 18, 2014
We're also hiring another psych, ad was up. Good to see we're continuing to invest in this area.
Unless Emma is leaving. I have heard this twice now that she is being chased hard.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Unless Emma is leaving. I have heard this twice now that she is being chased hard.

Emma would be the most impermanent person in Australian sport.

Its time for us to change anyway, and leave the rest of the competition

stagnant in their useless present moments

• Haha

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Can't be Geelong, they signed up David Copperfield

• Haha

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
If Emma leaves. .... I can picture Balmey now...... entering the Maurice Rioli room in a billowing kaftan, then proceeding to sit cross legged on stage, arms outstretched to a spellbound gathering of the playing group as he gently and melodically hums........mmmm......... premmmeeeeeahhhhhshhhippps ....mmmm ........ premmmeeeeeahhhhhshhhippps .......mmmm ........ premmmeeeeeahhhhhshhhippps ....... mmmm!

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
Hopefully Emma is staying and we are seeking an additional mindfulness coach.

In a Grand Final, we’re behind at the break, and the first thing some of our players did when they entered the rooms was to seek out one-on-one attention from the mindfulness coach. That speaks volumes.

Mindfulness theory is sound. The challenge was translating it into something practical for AFL footballers to learn and adopt correctly. That is where Emma has succeeded where others have failed.

It would be great to continue to grow in this space while other clubs are going a different way. Could take them years to catch up.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users

Coburgtiger

Tiger Legend
May 7, 2012

Emma's great.

But Shorty is just a gun.

Some people just took a while to see it.

Bennnny

Punt Road End. The best place to watch The Tiges.
Mar 29, 2005
Melbourne
www.indieinitiative.com
She is the key to the Richmond man and woman.
People are able to speak up and deal with issues. Makes for better people.
Better people make better decisions.

• Love