How good is Emma Murray? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

How good is Emma Murray?

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Yep that is the one. Good show and entertainment. Whoever the psychologist was, she was wonderful. Have never seen a photo of Emma so don't know if that was her.
That was Leigh Russell. She is married to Andrew Russell who is the High Performance Director at Carlton FC and was at Hawthorn for a long time. She has also just resigned as CEO of Swimming Australia.

Reactions: 1 users

graystar1

Tiger Legend
Apr 28, 2004
That was Leigh Russell. She is married to Andrew Russell who is the High Performance Director at Carlton FC and was at Hawthorn for a long time. She has also just resigned as CEO of Swimming Australia.
Thank you for that Rids. Solved the riddle for me. She was excellent in that show.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Emma is currently the high-performance mind coach for the Richmond Football Club and St Kilda Football Club

Didn't know the Saints managed to get Emma onboard as well.

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Emma is currently the high-performance mind coach for the Richmond Football Club and St Kilda Football Club

Didn't know the Saints managed to get Emma onboard as well.
Thought she left St Kilda because half the team wouldn’t buy in to her theory

Reactions: 3 users

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Thought she left St Kilda because half the team wouldn’t buy in to her theory
Believe you are correct, same as Peter Burge, he spent only 1 year at Saints as the club didn't buy into his philosophies

Reactions: 1 user
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
'Emma turned to the playing group and delivered a powerful message. She encourage them to put on their boots every day for her Will. To walk for her Will, and to play & fight for the ball each game for her Will. She asked the group to dedicate their bravery for the game to Will and all others who can no longer play themselves. The level of emotion in the room that night tells us they will.' - Emma at the RFC Will Murray Fundraiser back in 2016.

Emma is every bit as invested in our club as the players are in her. She's not just a secret weapon psych, she's Richmond Family.

Having heard her speak at 3121 in a far less powerful presentation than the one above must have been all I can say is she's one of the more captivating speakers I've ever heard. We're very lucky to have her but I think she gives us her best too because she loves our club.

• Love
Reactions: 12 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
'Emma turned to the playing group and delivered a powerful message. She encourage them to put on their boots every day for her Will. To walk for her Will, and to play & fight for the ball each game for her Will. She asked the group to dedicate their bravery for the game to Will and all others who can no longer play themselves. The level of emotion in the room that night tells us they will.' - Emma at the RFC Will Murray Fundraiser back in 2016.

Emma is every bit as invested in our club as the players are in her. She's not just a secret weapon psych, she's Richmond Family.

Having heard her speak at 3121 in a far less powerful presentation than the one above must have been all I can say is she's one of the more captivating speakers I've ever heard. We're very lucky to have her but I think she gives us her best too because she loves our club.
Thanks ToO, that was fantastic.

Reactions: 6 users

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria

Thanks for posting Too.

tigerjoe

EAT 'EM ALIVE TIGERS!
Aug 24, 2003
Melbourne
There can be no argument that Emma Murray has been an integral part in Richmond’s on field resurgence.

Many attribute Dusty’s stellar 2017 to Emma’s fine work.

With the expected loss of Alex Rance and the psychological and physical effect this will have on the whole club, Emma and the club have a great challenge ahead.

My money is on Emma and the club to achieve what most think is now unachievable.
Well I hate to gloat, because i am not that type.....

But Trossman had just done his ACL, most people thought thats it, we are toast now.

I would argue that this Richmond team has gone on to become the Greatest Richmond team ever.

Not just thanks to Emma Murray, but she has played a part bigger than most would understand.

And its not over yet......not by a long shot.

Reactions: 4 users

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
Well I am going to show my age here, but I reckon I have a middle aged crush on Emma.

Reckon she would have been hot as hell in her early 20s.

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
I was thinking of our recent success and seeking to identify the five most important employees at the club.
My list in order was Dusty, Dimma, Burge, Cotch and Emma.
As a complete outsider, can only just be guesswork. But this group with others like Hartley, Fly, Peggy, Brendan and one A Rance, have been fantastic.

From this group my sense is that Emma has been the glue.

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
I was thinking of our recent success and seeking to identify the five most important employees at the club.
My list in order was Dusty, Dimma, Burge, Cotch and Emma.
As a complete outsider, can only just be guesswork. But this group with others like Hartley, Fly, Peggy, Brendan and one A Rance, have been fantastic.

From this group my sense is that Emma has been the glue.
Can’t forget the ‘messiah’ Neil Balme.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Just wondering if she's traveling with the club atm?
I think she'd be required more than ever given the circumstances.
The lack of composure in that last term concerned me a fair bit.
That was the panicky old Richmond, not the cool calm heads we've seen in recent times.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
That was the panicky old Richmond, not the cool calm heads we've seen in recent times.
Does she teach hand balling and kicking?

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016

The live crowd looked like it was a factor, and we haven’t really had many live opposition crowds (loud ones) since 2019.

Vlastuin for example is usually immune to external noise, but after his mistake his body language is different to normal. Mindfulness isn’t like riding a bike, people need constant tune-ups or it slips away a bit I reckon.

Last edited:

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
Is Murray working at the Club any longer?
I might be wrong, but I thought she was now living in Queensland.
She might have some contact with individual players but maybe it's sporadic.

tigerjoe

EAT 'EM ALIVE TIGERS!
Aug 24, 2003
Melbourne
Emma is not with the team at the moment.
I know because she lives near me and I saw her going for a walk yesterday with her hubby.
Not sure why she isnt with the team, but she has given our club so much in the last few years....well the results are on the board aren't they?

Given what she and her family have gone through since 2016, if she needs time for them or herself then she certainly deserves it.

We owe her a great deal.

• Sad