How long before the game is call off? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • If you are having trouble logging in to the forum please contact [email protected] // When reseting your password or awaiting confirmation please check that your email is correct and also your junk/spam emails.
  • IMPORTANT! Our inbox is full of email errors from members who have not updated their emails, please follow the instructions on how to update here
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

How long before the game is call off?

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Its a side issue but maybe no Apple shop but drug injecting rooms is less about visitors and more about the people who live in Melbourne.
Just a thought
What a wonderful selling point for a ghetto metropolis. Obviously it's too much trouble to walk down the road where an injecting room already exists.

It was more a comment on the screeching anti-capitalist harpies who came from the trees to oppose the Apple store.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

hutstar

Tiger Superstar
Dec 17, 2002
Florida
Put it this way, the UK is down to about 3.5K daily infections and I reckon the Australian government would consider that too high. I expect we’ll be opening up on a country by country basis, possibly early spring rather than winter.
I don't understand what the infection rate in another country really has to do with it? I'm sure there's a logic, but I can't imagine what it is? If you let people in, even if the infection rate of that country is really low, you're going to bring Covid in and then it takes off in Australia. So what's it matter what the infection rate is in the origin country?

Stig

Tiger Rookie
Mar 2, 2020
Vic clubs told to pack there bags . Announced on Monday . Max 12 weeks on road
Compressed season
GF in Sydney
Most game in NSW and QLD

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Yeah the date can move based on medical advice.

At the moment it's not a high priority. Maybe they can hand out JB Hi-Fi vouchers with injections or something.
Yes it could move based on how quickly we vaccinate. Vaccination is a huge priority and you know it. Can't admit that though, you might look bad.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Put it this way, the UK is down to about 3.5K daily infections and I reckon the Australian government would consider that too high. I expect we’ll be opening up on a country by country basis, possibly early spring rather than winter.
Our State Governments *smile* themselves when we get 3.5 daily infections. There'd be a dribbling mess of leg wetting Pollies all over Oz if we had 3500 cases on a daily basis.
Vaccinated fully, partially or not, the rest of the western world seem to have reasonably come to terms with the fact that nothing is stopping the old Coroner cooties in a big hurry, so they'll just try and get on with life as best as they can.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Let’s leave the corona virus discussion in that thread please.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
You're just sh!t-stirring because it's what you do. MYOFB.

Oh, thought i was the one who cares deeply and you don't care at all. Make up your mind.

If you don't want to interact with me, stop replying or even better, put me on ignore. Problem solved.

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
I have heard that the Dreamtime clash with the Bombers might be in Perth.

Does anyone know anything more?

God I hope so. Will take 9 year old Tiger mad daughter to her first game!

Reactions: 3 users

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
Compressed season
GF in Sydney
Most game in NSW and QLD

Surely they would wait till the end of the week - lockdown might be all over by the weekend if things stay as they are.

Understand why rounds 11 and 12 could be messed up but not sure why they need to panic now - ready to move yes but let’s see what happens first.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Compressed season
GF in Sydney
Most game in NSW and QLD
Compresed is ok as long as its a full compressed season not shortened one or that will just about roll us right up.