How long before the game is call off? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

How long before the game is call off?

Tony Braxton-Hicks

There are no stupid ideas, just stupid people
Aug 10, 2004
The Playboy Mansion
Gee and the cases come from hotel quarantine. Who could have imagined that hotels couldn't do quarantine?

FFS build some proper quarantine facilities. I reckon a few sparkies, carpenters, plumbers and a pile of volunteers could get something up in a weekend.

DS
There should be a caravan quarantine program. Heaps of caravan parks with vans and cabins are barely used at this time of year, there's no recirculated air, and international arrivals get an authentic Aussie experience outside the city limits.

Reactions: 2 users

Tony Braxton-Hicks

There are no stupid ideas, just stupid people
Aug 10, 2004
The Playboy Mansion
From The Age:
The AFL is also looking closely at Adelaide’s Sunday fixture against reigning premiers Richmond at the MCG.

The Crows will likely have to fly in and out on the day of the game, but that may be difficult with the match scheduled to start at 1.10pm.

The league may look to push the start time back to allow the club extra time, or the match could even be swapped with one of the later games.

fastin bulbous

Tiger Champion
Mar 30, 2010
Darwin
There should be a caravan quarantine program. Heaps of caravan parks with vans and cabins are barely used at this time of year, there's no recirculated air, and international arrivals get an authentic Aussie experience outside the city limits.
Diggler and laff might be happy to make theirs available?

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

Number8

Tiger Superstar
Oct 12, 2010
Melbourne
It's an absolute joke by this communist government. If people are scared of the dark they can stay home with the lights on. Normal people can continue with their lives and go to the footy. It's got stuff all do do with health.
You sound well informed. Got a direct line to Pete Evans?

Reactions: 4 users

hutstar

Tiger Superstar
Dec 17, 2002
Florida
Just get the *smile* Vaccine rolled out already. It's nice that Australia has kept to zero cases, but the border has to reopen sooner or later. It's going to be a mess when it does, unless people get vaccinated. Not hard. Not many people. WAY too slow.

Reactions: 3 users

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
In other years maybe ... isn't half the senior citizenry on the road and staying in caravan parks

pete and tys

Tiger Superstar
Feb 19, 2009
It's been 16 months and nothing.
All politicians, no matter which party, are culpable.
They are only interested in self preservation.
It would be so easy as you say to make it happen.

Reactions: 1 user

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
If the outbreak had happened last week, we might've been forced to stay in Brisbane.

Clearly a message from God to the AFL: Don't *smile* with Richmond.

Reactions: 2 users

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Any talk of Hubs?
I really can't see players and clubs doing it all over again.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Some suggestion a positive case might've contracted it at Marvel (Essendon/North).

With more than 50 exposure sites, I'd almost suggest if you go to the footy in Melbourne this weekend, you're asking for it.

MackTiger

Yellow and Black
Jul 14, 2003
I'll go out on a limb and say game will be moved to 320pm, Swans game moved earlier given Carlton have already flown to Sydney.

And no crowd.

Reactions: 1 user