How long before the game is call off? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

How long before the game is call off?

Tigermad2005

Tiger Legend
Aug 18, 2004
Ballarat
With the new outbreak in Melbourne how long before this weeks game is called of or played in front of no crow? With back to 5 people in homes they can not let 30000 turn up to the MCG. Or more the point how many people will just stay home.

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
I think there is a chance of no crowds or reduced capacity with compulsory masks. see how the week plays out. at least we are playing a low drawing interstate team, so we're not gonna miss out if the crowd cap is dropped.

Number8

Tiger Superstar
Oct 12, 2010
Melbourne
I had planned to go with a couple of our kids but, even if crowds are permitted, I reckon I'll give it a miss. This whole vaccine roll out has been a shambles but that's for another thread.

Tony Braxton-Hicks

There are no stupid ideas, just stupid people
Aug 10, 2004
The Playboy Mansion

AFL pauses ticket sales​

By Claire Siracusa​

The AFL has advised that the member on-sale for rounds 11 and 12 will be delayed this morning, with an updated on-sale time to be advised later today.
The Western Bulldogs, who are due to play Melbourne in a blockbuster clash at Marvel Stadium on Friday night, tweeted the news just before tickets were due to go on sale to members on Tuesday morning.
The Victorian government said this morning that it would not make any announcements today on restrictions for cultural and sporting events. A health panel will decide in the coming days what restrictions and crowd limits will be needed.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
How unfortunate 1st v 2nd blockbuster friday night match in front of no crowd

Reactions: 1 user

WesternTiger

Tiger Legend
Nov 7, 2004
With the new outbreak in Melbourne how long before this weeks game is called of or played in front of no crow? With back to 5 people in homes they can not let 30000 turn up to the MCG. Or more the point how many people will just stay home.
Not sure what the outcome will be later today however the reason restrictions on home visits and private gathering is because cannot track compared to places that require QR etc.

Reactions: 1 user

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
I can understand limiting gatherings in houses, that is where it has spread in the past.

The reality is we have hardly any cases and they look like we know a fair bit about where they are coming from. This is not out of control, I suspect they will see what happens over the next day or two and if no cases we keep the house restrictions but nothing else.

DS

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
I can understand limiting gatherings in houses, that is where it has spread in the past.

The reality is we have hardly any cases and they look like we know a fair bit about where they are coming from. This is not out of control, I suspect they will see what happens over the next day or two and if no cases we keep the house restrictions but nothing else.

DS
Yeah but he's traipsed all over Highpoint. 5 tier 1 stores just in there already.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Yeah but he's traipsed all over Highpoint. 5 tier 1 stores just in there already.

That's the worry, bloody great shopping centre.

Does catching COVID give you the urge to go shopping? Everyone who seems to have caught it and been out in the community seems to go to a lot of shops, the lists of places they have gone is stunning.

Oh well, we'll see.

DS

Reactions: 3 users

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Melbourne fans will have mix emotions.
Finally their team looks a real threat for a grand final.
On the other hand, if they close the season, they can get to the snow.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
That's the worry, bloody great shopping centre.

Does catching COVID give you the urge to go shopping? Everyone who seems to have caught it and been out in the community seems to go to a lot of shops, the lists of places they have gone is stunning.

Oh well, we'll see.

DS
Personally I go into a shopping mall about once a year, and even that I try to avoid. Hate the places.

Reactions: 3 users

silvertiger

Tiger Rookie
Aug 28, 2014
It's an absolute joke by this communist government. If people are scared of the dark they can stay home with the lights on. Normal people can continue with their lives and go to the footy. It's got stuff all do do with health.

Reactions: 1 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Well when you actively import it back in this was always going to happen.

Play stupid games win stupid prizes.

Reactions: 2 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Gee and the cases come from hotel quarantine. Who could have imagined that hotels couldn't do quarantine?

FFS build some proper quarantine facilities. I reckon a few sparkies, carpenters, plumbers and a pile of volunteers could get something up in a weekend.

DS

Reactions: 1 users