How long before the game is call off? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

How long before the game is call off?

hutstar

Tiger Superstar
Dec 17, 2002
Florida
We don’t want to let carriers in, vaccination or no vaccination. We need the rest of the world to beat it down.
Yeah, I appreciate you're one of few being generally reasonable here - but that's never going to happen. It's not even part of the strategy.

We're well into 'vaccine up and every man for himself' territory here in the US and Europe is opening their borders under the same assumption. And this is my point. The world is moving on and opening up, but the government seems oblivious.

I'm a progressive by any measure. I applauded and was proud of Australia's efforts during 2020 - but assumed the goal was to get to the point of a vaccine, efficiently roll it out (which I though was right in our wheelhouse and would be done in weeks) and open up before anyone else and lead the way.

Now it appears there's a leisurely stroll in this direction. It's going to end in economic and social disaster if something a bit more aggressive isn't done soon. So disappointing.

Reactions: 1 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
What a complete and utter bunch of clowns run the Peoples Republic of Danistan.

How anyone could reelect these criminals last time just goes to show the IQ of alot of people in this state.

4 lockdowns, 95% of all covid deaths, the education of hundreds of thousands in tatters, businesses destroyed, enormous debt, the mental destruction of so many, and none of the losers in power will take any responsibility.....but think its a good ides to put a drug injecting room right in the middle of a battered and destroyed city!

HANG YOUR HEADS IN SHAME YOU UTTER F...WITS!!!!!!

You have utterly destroyed what was once a great city.

I mean i just got back to Melbs in January but most of the major landmarks still seem to be here

• Haha

tigerjoe

EAT 'EM ALIVE TIGERS!
Aug 24, 2003
Melbourne
Where should they put it?
Hows about next to where they live?
Or up their f...ing collective arses!

Not where people are already struggling to make a living.

They have proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that they are not politicians, they are lying criminals.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Yeah, I appreciate you're one of few being generally reasonable here - but that's never going to happen. It's not even part of the strategy.

We're well into 'vaccine up and every man for himself' territory here in the US and Europe is opening their borders under the same assumption. And this is my point. The world is moving on and opening up, but the government seems oblivious.

I'm a progressive by any measure. I applauded and was proud of Australia's efforts during 2020 - but assumed the goal was to get to the point of a vaccine, efficiently roll it out (which I though was right in our wheelhouse and would be done in weeks) and open up before anyone else and lead the way.

Now it appears there's a leisurely stroll in this direction. It's going to end in economic and social disaster if something a bit more aggressive isn't done soon. So disappointing.
Put it this way, the UK is down to about 3.5K daily infections and I reckon the Australian government would consider that too high. I expect we’ll be opening up on a country by country basis, possibly early spring rather than winter.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Put it this way, the UK is down to about 3.5K daily infections and I reckon the Australian government would consider that too high. I expect we’ll be opening up on a country by country basis, possibly early spring rather than winter.

No we can't change the date, ScoMo has his roadmap and that's set in stone. No point speeding up or slowing down.

Also vaccination is low priority. Apparently.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
No we can't change the date, ScoMo has his roadmap and that's set in stone. No point speeding up or slowing down.

Also vaccination is low priority. Apparently.
Yeah the date can move based on medical advice.

At the moment it's not a high priority. Maybe they can hand out JB Hi-Fi vouchers with injections or something.

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
You’ve gotta laugh at some of the decisions. No Apple store for our fair city, but druggos welcome. It’s almost like they’re trying to deter visitors.
Its a side issue but maybe no Apple shop but drug injecting rooms is less about visitors and more about the people who live in Melbourne.
Just a thought

Reactions: 2 users

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Its a side issue but maybe no Apple shop but drug injecting rooms is less about visitors and more about the people who live in Melbourne.
Just a thought
What a wonderful selling point for a ghetto metropolis. Obviously it's too much trouble to walk down the road where an injecting room already exists.

It was more a comment on the screeching anti-capitalist harpies who came from the trees to oppose the Apple store.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

hutstar

Tiger Superstar
Dec 17, 2002
Florida
I don't understand what the infection rate in another country really has to do with it? I'm sure there's a logic, but I can't imagine what it is? If you let people in, even if the infection rate of that country is really low, you're going to bring Covid in and then it takes off in Australia. So what's it matter what the infection rate is in the origin country?

Stig

Tiger Superstar
Mar 2, 2020
Vic clubs told to pack there bags . Announced on Monday . Max 12 weeks on road
Compressed season
GF in Sydney
Most game in NSW and QLD

• Wow
  • Haha

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Yeah the date can move based on medical advice.

At the moment it's not a high priority. Maybe they can hand out JB Hi-Fi vouchers with injections or something.
Yes it could move based on how quickly we vaccinate. Vaccination is a huge priority and you know it. Can't admit that though, you might look bad.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Our State Governments *smile* themselves when we get 3.5 daily infections. There'd be a dribbling mess of leg wetting Pollies all over Oz if we had 3500 cases on a daily basis.
Vaccinated fully, partially or not, the rest of the western world seem to have reasonably come to terms with the fact that nothing is stopping the old Coroner cooties in a big hurry, so they'll just try and get on with life as best as they can.