Hunt for Tiger memo leak called off | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Hunt for Tiger memo leak called off

RFC not KFC

Tiger Superstar
May 2, 2003
Hunt for Tiger memo leak called off
12:15:28 PM Fri 15 August, 2003
afl.com.au
An ‘exhaustive and robust’ investigation into the source of a leaked internal memo critical of Tigers coach Danny Frawley’s public profile has failed to expose the culprit, and the Richmond Football Club has declared the matter closed.

The email prepared by the club’s communications manager Paul Maley last month described supporter opinion of Frawley as being ‘at an all-time low’ and recommended that the coach should show more emotion and passion for Richmond and its supporters.

At the time, the club’s Director of Football, Greg Milled declared: “It’s probably been emailed to one too many persons and it’s leaked from an office somewhere. It’s disappointing for it to come out that way and it’s not nice for the senior coach to wake up before a big game and read that sort of information.”

The matter, however, has been put to rest by the club with the release on Friday of the following statement.

The Richmond Football Club wishes to advise that it has completed an exhaustive and robust investigation into the source of the recent leaked internal memo.

That search has exonerated the Club's senior management personnel and the Board of Directors.

Accordingly, the Club now wants to put the issue to rest and move forward.

There will be no further comment on the matter at this stage.

The club’s stand follows the strong declaration of support for Frawley on Thursday by Richmond president Clinton Casey.

"He undoubtedly has the players' respect and he's had the opportunity to see each of them at their best and worst and under different levels of intensity,” Casey said.

“We firmly believe he is now in the best position to critically assess our list and understand the type of players that we need to recruit in order to be consistently competitive with the top teams of the competition.”

"In short, Danny Frawley has a contract to fulfil with the Richmond Football Club, and he will be fully supported, to give him the best chance to achieve his plan and bring sustainable improvement to the playing list.”

The Boss

Tiger Superstar
Apr 7, 2003
That's not what i've heard. Looks like he'll be going at the end of the year then.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Hmmmm me smells a rat, ha. Is it possible they know who the culprit is and are going to deal with it in house once the attention is off. Maybe to protect a reputation? :eek:

RFC not KFC

Tiger Superstar
May 2, 2003
As I understand it from what you say Boss the club knows who leaked the memo but didn't want to cause any further dramas during the season so they've decided to wait until it wont be such big news. Should we keep an eye out for an end of season resignation or will there be a song and dance and a big shove out the door?

The Boss

Tiger Superstar
Apr 7, 2003
Looks like it will be a low key end of year resignation. That would be the best way to handle it IMO, too much has been made of this as it is.

No further comment from The Boss on this matter

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Based on what I've heard, and the fact that there's only one person on the board with a reputation worth requiring protection, it's probably a good idea to turn him over at the end of the year. Do you agree Boss ?

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Seems like a few people have a fair idea who it will be. All will be revealed when it happens shawry. :-X

Actually it's probably not in anyones best interests to name the suspected person on here even if they do know who it is. It could be frowned upon by higher authorities.

Koalalill

Just looking for someone else to curse!
Dec 17, 2002
The post-season just continues to look more interesting than the current season everyday.

Shawry, you don't have to worry - it will make the papers - perhaps a small sidebar rather than a huge headline

JohnF

LMFAOOO
Mar 29, 2003
So the guy who leaked the memo makes one mistake and they fire him. I wish they would show some consistency and fire others who have also made one (or 100) mistakes. Dudley and Beck for instance.

Koalalill

Dec 17, 2002
JohnF said:
So the guy who leaked the memo makes one mistake and they fire him. I wish they would show some consistency and fire others who have also made one (or 100) mistakes. Dudley and Beck for instance.

JohnF - who's been fired? No-one :-\

JohnF

LMFAOOO
Mar 29, 2003
Fired, resigning, call it what you will. Someone is going to get the ass at the end of the year. Isn't that what TheBoss has been implying?

They'll call it a resigning to make it all look above board but why would they be resigning? Because they regret exposing Danny? Come on.

Koalalill

Dec 17, 2002
Sorry - you had me confused I thought you were implying someone had been fired - got the chop now.

I am with you now - oops ;)

shawry

Tiger Legend
Apr 14, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
Let me guess after next board elections and he wont sit for re-election or something like that. That would be the smart way to do it. Probably wont be attending too many more board meetings either i would suggest./

M

Merv18

Spot on Shawry.

But what I want to know is what was that story in The Age about the Prez laying down the law to the Board.

If the story was wrong, why didn't the Prez come out and say so. If it was right, then today's statement is a porky pie.

Either way it doesn't add up.

jackstar

Tiger Matchwinner
Jul 5, 2003
All of this means that ii WASNT a paid employee, obvisously someone who is an honoroury roll,eg Board member etc who is not that well known ?
Do you want any more clues ? ::)

M

Merv18

The point I am making Jackstar is that The Age story said it was a Board member and the Prez didn't correct it at the time. Today's statement says all Board members have been 'exonerated'. Well, which is it?

As the old Dire Straits songs says: "Two men say they're Jesus. One of them must be wrong."